The DJI "Flyaway" Myth - DEBUNKED.

dronecamps said:
We take an in depth look at the so called Flyaway Phenomenon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l4PCTm ... e=youtu.be

Hey Justin - good video - thanks :)

I am curious about your take on the "early landing" issue. What has been your experience? How many people have you dealt with who have run into the issue? I had already kind of figured that the "fly away" syndrome was a catch-all for something unusual happening in flight - but the early autoland thing has caught my eye as something where the people who experience it are describing very similar symptoms. I don't doubt it happens... but I am trying to get a handle on how often it happens (in comparison with people who never experience the issue).

Any thoughts on that?

"We take an in depth look at the so called Flyaway Phenomenon.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l4PCTm ... e=youtu.be"

Very well done! Whenever I go to fly my quads I say to myself (before I fly) how is this thing gonna crash today. Then I try to minimize that. I hold a Private Pilots license and any time I would go flying I would say How is this airplane going to try to kill me today and tried to minimize that. Thirty years later I am still alive! Enjoy!

Lol now I am scared. I started flying lessons at 17, and just turned 61, with 30+ years flying for a major airline and I have never ever thought how is this thing going to kill me today. I think i would have quit right then!! Just saying. Great video by the way

In My opinion flyaway and crash are two different things. Crash could be cost by two main issues no.1 mechanical or electronic failure ( bad batterie or motor ,defective prop , loos wire ,burned ESC ,problem with fly controller GPS or comps etc.)
no.2 pilots error ( ignore low battery level, bad calibration,craft orientation confusion , reckless flying etc.)
Flyaway (because in most cases the craft could fly quiet long distance and might crash into a obstacle or land without damage); I would split them in two different categories as well
no.1 pilots error (accidentally flip switch on radio , confused in craft orientation, lazy pry-flight check etc.)
no.2 electronic fallire ,another stronger radio frequency interference,)

I feel dumber having watched this. 18 minutes containing 0% useful information on Naza based flyaways and how to avoid them.

A poor attempt to 'advertise' their business.

DRONE (noun):
>a person who speaks in a monotonous tone.

It's been said here for about as long as the site exists that, fly-aways are failures of one 'system' or another be it man or machine.

Many have 'disowned' the word fly-away here long ago.

I have a lot more to say after I finish breakfast, but I find it hard to call when your bird shoots at full speed hundreds of feet up and away and not at all towards the ground a "CRASH". Yes this event might end in a crash but when it is shooting up at full speed, it is not crashing, it is FLYING AWAY!!

Ok then- Fly-away is verb not a noun.

Planes do it, boats do it, helis do it, cars do it.

Anything you put "on the end" of a wireless radio control signal does it.

N017RW said:
Ok then- Fly-away is verb not a noun.

Planes do it, boats do it, helis do it, cars do it.

Anything you put "on the end" of a wireless radio control signal does it.

I don't see a wiki on RC Flyaway. There is a lenny kravitz song. I guess he flew.

But what would a definition of Flyaway look like? All I can think of is "uncontrolled movement that might end in a crash, but does generate a puckering while it is in progress."

ianwood said:
I feel dumber having watched this. 18 minutes containing 0% useful information on Naza based flyaways and how to avoid them.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

And a crash is not the same as a flyaway.

Nothing was debunked, IMO.

N017RW said:
A poor attempt to 'advertise' their business.

DRONE (noun):
>a person who speaks in a monotonous tone.

Lol, I had the same thought about 6 minutes in of him droning on.

That video was 4 sentences worth of information crammed into 18 minutes.

I don't know if you guys agree with me but I think 80 % of fly aways is cost by fly controller,GPS/compass , radio frequency failure
or combination of this electronics ; another 18% is pilot error and last 2% would be mechanical issue. Mechanical problem like motor failure or prop problem ,specially with quadcopter would cost immediate crash and if for example a ESC would supply motor with insufficient power ,you still can have some control of the craft. I am curious to hear your opinion/study.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj