The crashes....

Reaction score
The crashes.....

Well, I am know a seasoned and wiser P3 pilot....I crashed it twice in the first week and have wised up since then. Both were pilot error and not malfunctions.
The first crash was in a lake...due to a false move. I dried it out with a hair dryer...took an hour and it worked fine after that.
The second crash was through a clump of trees again due to a bad move. It went through the trees and fell 25 feet on its back. Broke two props, one prop guard and the battery popped out. I cleaned it, replaced the props and put the battery back in and it worked perfectly. ...and still does.
What a terrific machine.
Jack

Being we are in the vid section Lets see the crashes :p

I've read so many times about the battery popping out on crashes that I'm beginning to think it's a built-in feature. The sooner the prop motors and gimbal motors are shut down the better.
Also, in case of a jet fuel leakage it reduces the chances of a fire.

Hey guys,
Just got my Phantom 3 Adv. yesterday and an hour later crashed it. So pissed but it was pilot error. Still flies but looks like it landed on an arm. Tink i should send it for repair or try replacing the shell myself?

My 2 cents, your luck has probably run out. Perhaps you should not be flying over water or through trees so early on. Just a thought.

You are right about where to fly, but it's so much fun going over lakes and mountains....I do it all the time.
image.jpg

Biggest issue i have now is im scared to fly it now...
I dont want to wreck it, i just go tthe thing, im lucky its not scrap now....lol

Trying to see if i can meet up with local groups in my area to learn from people with Exp.

So I took the top off to find I that the landing cracked the parts that the shel screws screw onto right off the plastic. Probably gonna have to use approx or gorilla glue to set them. But she still flies true and mechanically she works great.

Well She still kickin.

As a noob flyer, any suggestions on what i should read, practice, gets?

Attachments

• 20150918_010956.jpg
    20150918_010956.jpg
    940.7 KB · Views: 315
The crashes.....

Well, I am know a seasoned and wiser P3 pilot....I crashed it twice in the first week and have wised up since then. Both were pilot error and not malfunctions.
The first crash was in a lake...due to a false move. I dried it out with a hair dryer...took an hour and it worked fine after that.
The second crash was through a clump of trees again due to a bad move. It went through the trees and fell 25 feet on its back. Broke two props, one prop guard and the battery popped out. I cleaned it, replaced the props and put the battery back in and it worked perfectly. ...and still does.
What a terrific machine.
Jack
Congratulations on the nice recovery from the crashes, I have always been concerned that a crash could cause internal damage, like loose electrical connections, stressed motor mounts, etc. that a good inspection of the inside of the drone should be done by a qualified repair facility.

Tipped mine over day one minute one and the rotor jammed on the ground with motor screeching and smoking. Cooled down and checked and all fine.

2 months later after around 12 successful flights i crashed big style. Was doing North Coast 500 in Scotland at Applecross. Had son beside me as an extra pair of eyes to watch for birds attacking the drone as I flew down the valley filming my other son driving my car. I said to my son that I would need to watch electricity poles and cables, he replied there are no cables on the poles, I said are you sure, he said positive and 10 minutes later I clipped one and crashed to the ground. Props broke, shell all scratched, battery separated and gimbal mount and camera separated. Thought it was all over, however put it all back together with a little superglue and flew again that night. Got replacement parts for less than a tenner from local DJI dealer.

It does have a few scratches and scrapes but working fine.

I have been careful but not careful enough it seems, I have also been well lucky. Still loving it and get such a buzz from flying it and making the videos but still nervous when flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20