The beaches of Sentosa Island

Cool video but be very careful taking off from sand. I would suggest launching from your case, or a piece of ply wood. Sand in the motors wouldn't be pretty.

Thanks a lot ! I was not thinking about this...

Anything I should do now ? Should I worry for my next flight ?

Not sure if this is a good idea but maybe get some compressed air and blow lightly on your motors to get any grains out. This could damage the motors if the compressed air has any liquid (turning the bottle over and spraying) not sure about the v+ because I have a p2 but the motors are the same. The reason I mentioned it is because I saw all the sand fly up when you launched.

Use a board or a piece of cardboard to take off in sandy/dusty areas as sand/dust will get in the motors causing the premature death of them. Also, was the lens clean? there seems to be an area in the center with 'soft focus'. If the lens was clean, and you notice this on other video from your Gopro you may want to have it serviced. My Gopro got it on the left side and they replaced it under warranty. If it is under a year old they should exchange it no problem if you have this issue.
And since you did ask for feedback... the music, it was an assault on the ears, but hey, to each their own. :)

Thanks for all the advice, guys !
I will not take off in sand anymore !! I really was not aware of the impact it could have.
I go fly tomorrow again. I hope I won't feel any consequences of sand. Luckily my landings on the beach were good and I did not tilt. That would have been a disaster.
Anyway, the footage above the beach looked great...

With regards to the music : you're totally right...it was not my best choice ever. I try to avoid copyright issues on You Tube (still don't know how it exactly works), so I use copyright-free music.
Any advice on how to deal with copyrights of music on You Tube would be very welcome !

Use vimeo ;P They don't seem to use the same technology youtube uses to check for copyright issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic