The 400ft UK Rule

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been answered before. I just got a Phantom 3 standard and i have read through the drone code and all the rules.

Someone told me that you are allowed to fly above 400FT if away from airports, traffic, buildings, events etc.. As the drone weighs less than 7kg. Is this correct? I checked on the CAA website and all i can see is about staying below 400FT?

I ask because there is a very remote area which i can fly and it would be amazing to fly slightly over 400FT. Wouldn't be something i would do much of, But wanted to check so i know i wouldn't get into trouble.

Thank you!

No, that's not correct. 400ft is the limit in UK. That being 400ft above your takeoff point, so if you stand on top of a hill....

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I have read various different remarks on the subject, What is the below 7kg rule then? Or does that part of what i was told not exist?

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I have read various different remarks on the subject, What is the below 7kg rule then? Or does that part of what i was told not exist?

It's 400 feet VLOS vertically, and 500m horizontally regardless of size.
Take a look at this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31