The 3 Quickest Ways to Kill Your Drone

Great Job. Learned alot. Thanks for providing help to the community. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you can I'm a list guy, it would be nice to have a pre flight list and maintenance list. How many hours before you replace the blades and rotors for example. Just an idea

Good video and good luck with your endeavors. I watched most of it as well as some of your other posted videos. My advice for what its worth, this should be a 3-4 minute video, not 20 minutes. You discussed a lot of topics, put those into other "short" videos, keep on point. This is the internet, we want our info like crack, 20 minutes will not work to tell people to check their props, look for dirt and know your surroundings. For example, you start off the video talking about all the systems DJI has put in place to avoid crashing. This, should easily be its own separate (5 minute) video with its own appropriate title as search criteria: "crash avoidance systems in the phantom 4". I've also seen you caveat your video's on how "you really like DJI and you're not bashing them", separate video! Compare what you like about DJI to other drone manufacturers and do it as separate content. Don't waste time on each and every video, caveating that fact. Of course, if you're just doing this as a hobby, then so be it, don't turn it into a job and dont listen to me :) Everything seems professional and high quality and easy to understand, keep it up and I look forward to seeing more! And now, for the TLDR which is so fitting :)

TLDR: His video is is great but too long, goes beyond video topic, does not take advantage of separate, categorized content for seo purposes, suggest he stick to point and length low.

Last edited:
Very informative. I watched the entire video. Where I disagree with the previous post is that educational videos are not the same as artistic videos. It's very rare to find an educational video that only runs for a few minutes. I did not find the duration of the video to be a problem. I also want to complement the presenter for his outstanding briefing skills.

Outstanding video! Great production values, great information. As a newbie to the hobby, I found it very informative and will search out your other clips to learn more.

Thanks for taking the time to make this video and for sharing your knowledge!

I just finished a clip that discusses a few "single points of failure" on most drones that can be avoided with a little prep.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I enjoyed this this video, thx. You are an excellent communicator!

Interesting...I was surprised that nothing was mentioned about calibration. IMO, not calibrating the compass and IMU, is really the fastest way to lose your Phantom.

Basic Blah Blah, basic "you should" know !
Use common sense, and know unplanned manufacturer errors will occur, so plan and expect them !

he babbeled on for four and a half minutes before getting into the first part of the batterys.
video is to long.

A bit off topic but what software are you using to create your videos? It looks a lot like the old Visual Communicator which I loved and is no longer available.
Thanks.

Interesting...I was surprised that nothing was mentioned about calibration. IMO, not calibrating the compass and IMU, is really the fastest way to lose your Phantom.
IMO, calibrating the compass and IMU is really the fastest way to lose your Phantom.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good video and good luck with your endeavors. I watched most of it as well as some of your other posted videos. My advice for what its worth, this should be a 3-4 minute video, not 20 minutes. You discussed a lot of topics, put those into other "short" videos, keep on point. This is the internet, we want our info like crack, 20 minutes will not work to tell people to check their props, look for dirt and know your surroundings. For example, you start off the video talking about all the systems DJI has put in place to avoid crashing. This, should easily be its own separate (5 minute) video with its own appropriate title as search criteria: "crash avoidance systems in the phantom 4". I've also seen you caveat your video's on how "you really like DJI and you're not bashing them", separate video! Compare what you like about DJI to other drone manufacturers and do it as separate content. Don't waste time on each and every video, caveating that fact. Of course, if you're just doing this as a hobby, then so be it, don't turn it into a job and dont listen to me :) Everything seems professional and high quality and easy to understand, keep it up and I look forward to seeing more! And now, for the TLDR which is so fitting :)

TLDR: His video is is great but too long, goes beyond video topic, does not take advantage of separate, categorized content for seo purposes, suggest he stick to point and length low.
Another way to cut down on time is to not spend so much time talking about the obvious. Everyone knows that the battery powers all of the systems, no need to describe each thing the battery powers, we know. I didn't make it through to the end either.

Stop giving the guy so much hard time, is not for you pros, it's for the not so pros!!!
Good job buddy

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
It's not giving him a hard time, just friendly advice. I'm actually subscribed to his channel and have gotten a lot good info from his videos. I even purchased a Microraptor hard case and backpack based on his review. This one was too long for the amount of content, though.

Reactions: ray rokni
Great job Rick, you get to the point. See you on Youtube..

Learned a lot. Thanks for providing this. I am not a new pilot but I am a new drone pilot. I still have a lot to learn.

I just finished a clip that discusses a few "single points of failure" on most drones that can be avoided with a little prep.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Good Job Rick, Thanks so much for the advice and will look forward to hearing more from you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic