The 10th flight report

Reaction score
So, I have finished 10 flights with the Phantom. As an early adopter of a number of cutting edge technologies, I am used to finding dedicated forums full of posts describing the abject failure that the technology represents.

This forum did not disappoint. I found the community to be generally informative and I was not left wanting for any answers. To this community, I doff my chapeau. Now on to the meat...

Every flight was flawless. The P3P behaved precisely as expected. It's precision amazed me. I tested the automated features and all worked as expected. There are no cracks in my shell (old shell / motors). I never lost signal or video with the quad.

Now the challenge becomes this:

When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

I have to exercise some discipline in my application of this tool within the arsenal of available tools (jibs/sliders/cranes/dollies etc). Many of those tools require a great deal of prep time. Much less than the P3P. Sadly, the camera quality on the P3P precludes it's use in a few of the projects that we work on. But for the majority that are web bound, it's a perfect tool.

Other than that, I see the Phantom 3 as a very viable backup to the Inspire 1 Pro that will be our primary aerial capture device.

Thank you to the forum members who answered my questions and who always maintain a great sense of humor (i.e. buttery). And thank you to the mods that do a great, thankless job here keeping this place sane.

Reactions: JB-I
Very well written. I am enjoying the p3 advanced. I have owned/own multiple quads, planes, and helis over the years and this one is flawless, if one follows common sense and instructions.

Reactions: B- Scene Films

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik