That Litchi app is pretty cool.

Looks like you have the tilted at Horizon problem also with your phantom :). Nice video though

Re do the flight but try the same with banked turns in the GS. Will give a smoother flight through the turns.

It would appear you live in a well populated area as do I. I was never able to get the range as I see others getting with my unit. I always attributed it to interference from the area. I recently downloaded the channel hack but haven't tested yet. My channel 32 even has some traffic on it.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445683965.002917.jpg

It would appear you live in a well populated area as do I. I was never able to get the range as I see others getting with my unit. I always attributed it to interference from the area. I recently downloaded the channel hack but haven't tested yet. My channel 32 even has some traffic on it.

View attachment 34117
Channel hack, huh? Is it worth implementing it?

Re do the flight but try the same with banked turns in the GS. Will give a smoother flight through the turns.
I did make sure the paths were set as curved and not straight. They were tight because I tried to follow the contours of the creek. Probably not the best was to follow.

I want to try an 8km trip before it becomes too cold. Maybe it's already too late. I've done an 8km round trip a couple of times before with the DJI app.

To use litchi do you need to change the firmware on your Phantom too litchi? Or is it just the app

I tried to find this app on the Apple app store. Is this Android only?

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Yeah, I wanted to add my two cents of praise for the Litchi app. I was debating whether or not to buy it because the new DJI update allowed for a lot of what looked like the same things... but after using LITCHI and DJI GO, the comparison is a no-brainer... Litchi is so much better. The app's ground station is what I think really makes it stand out. Being able to set waypoints without flying to them first is just a minor plus, its the ability to then control or pre-program everything about that flight from speed, camera tilt, camera direction, arc of the turns, what to do at each waypoint (panoramic photo). My favorite use so far is "cable flight," where you set the waypoints but still use the RC throttle to control the Phantom's speed. My school asked me to film our school's sports day (track and field day). By setting waypoints and camera angles ahead of time, I was then able to take some awesome video of the students running around the track, following them from behind, and then programming the Phantom to get ahead of them and turn around to get a view from ahead of the students. Since I could throttle up and down the whole time, it was easy to stay with the students. I would upload the video, but it has our school name on it... and I am not sure the school wants that out there. Needless to say, the videos have been a real hit at the school.

*Edit, Since my school has let me put the video public on Youtube, I think its alright if I share it here. All the camera turns and Quadcopter turns were pre-programmed. I only controlled the Camera pitch and throttle. I know the prop guards drop in frequently, but I only noticed that after I viewed the video on a bigger screen. This is a shot that would have been close to impossible without Litchi.

Last edited:
I would love to try Litchi but don't have an Android device. What is the minimum type of Android tablet recommended with Litchi? I know there are some that aren't too expensive that would work but may lessen the experience due to performance issues.

I would love to try Litchi but don't have an Android device. What is the minimum type of Android tablet recommended with Litchi? I know there are some that aren't too expensive that would work but may lessen the experience due to performance issues.
Probably the 2013 Nexus 7
You can often find batches sold as re-furbished - ridiculously cheap for a very capable tablet.

Nice vid. The music got annoying quickly though, i think it carried a subliminal message cause now i want a [emoji445]mountain dew[emoji445]. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Reactions: FotoGeek

I second the Nexus 7 2013. It works well.
Here is a litchi mission at our local flying field. I plan to use this to film events when we have them. I think it will produce some great shots.

Reactions: ScatSpeak
Litchi is the best. Maybe in a few months when Autopilot for IOS updates with full waypoint support I will return to Apple. If you root the Nexus 7 2013 and over clock the processor to 2GHZ and increase the GPU speed, then you get smooth FPV. If it's not rooted, then it has too much lag.

I second the Nexus 7 2013. It works well.
Here is a litchi mission at our local flying field. I plan to use this to film events when we have them. I think it will produce some great shots.
Nice place

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl