That forced upgrade &%@#** drifting,losing satts

Reaction score
well I think I got screwed.... I went to check batteries, and this thing took an upgrade..
I went to fly it in the yard ,I first set the compass and that's a success. I waited for the green light s, and I had 8 satts..

then I turn on the camera and it starts to drift like it never did before...then I noticed I lost a few satts.. WTF? so I took it down turned off the camera and then I got back the 8 satts..
HMMM
SO I wanted it to hover with out the camera on and even with the 8 satts its drifting far,and I noticed the sound of the motors.,,, the speed was increasing so I grabbed it and I think it wanted to fly away! WTF? Now Im afraid to fly this thing without a fishing line tied to it....
I just bought this thing 2 months ago ,,spent a lot of money and now all I have is a paper weight??? there's got to be an explanation

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thank you

Goat

Do All The Updates Now, Once Finished Turn Off, Give It A Few Minutes To Cool Down, Once It Has Cooled Down, Connect It To The Software Again & Run A Basic & Advanced Calibration.

Once Completed Successfully, Do A Compass Calibration & Then Try And Fly Again With Satellites.

It is my understanding that you should always perform an advanced IMU calibration after updating the flight control firmware. Just make sure it is cold when you start it. With Phantom off and connected to your computer, bring up the assistant and go to the advanced IMU page ready to click start. Power on the phantom. As soon as you can, start the advanced cal. Finishes successfully within a few minutes every time for me. Be sure it is level, and no vibrations during cal. Then check all other settings in the assistant to be sure they are how you like them. Then cal the transmitter in the RC assistant, then again in the PC assistant. Finally, do a compass cal in the field. If it doesn't fly straight after that, start over. But I am thinking it will.

well I followed everyone's advice and now it works like a CHAMP!!!!!! YAY!! :D
I now set a rule that this assistant software has to ask me if it can connect to the internet....I'm not getting trapped like that again.....

you guys are great thank you so much helping this ole goat... ;)

I still have another question though.. it seems like this ZEN IMU thingy still has an update, I didn't do it cause it works fine now , as a matter of fact it seems like its grabbing more satts than it did before!
by the way what is this ZEN thing anyways?
And again THANK YOU
Goat

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 474
Re: That forced upgrade &%@#** drifting,losing satts

Hay Goatma,
The Zen thing as you call it, is the new fireware for the gimbal/camera and is ment to make the gimbal work with the new Tx with relative gimbal tilting weal feature. If you don't have the new Tx, do NOT update the Zen fw as it might corrupt the gimbal functionallity within your current configuration!
Regard FA

aartsf said:
Hay Goatma,
The Zen thing as you call it, is the new fireware for the gimbal/camera and is ment to make the gimbal work with the new Tx with relative gimbal tilting weal feature. If you don't have the new Tx, do NOT update the Zen fw as it might corrupt the gimbal functionallity within your current configuration!
Regard FA

Thank You Sir :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4