That expensive DJI backpack - multiple versions?

Reaction score
So I'm eyeing up the £319 backpack for my P4 and wondering if there are multiple versions available, one for P1 - P3, and an updated one for P4. The cause of my quandary is that while it's also available from other retailers (such as Wheelspin Models for £315) the DJI store is the only one which mentions the P4, and even shows a photo of one in-situ.

Jessops meanwhile sell an apparently identical product for £250, which they claim is for P1 - P3 but then go on to saying it's compatible with any Phantom. I find this odd. If it's just a case (hah!) of their product description being out of date, then why are they so much cheaper than everybody else?

I would highly recommend you look at the Polar Drone Trekker instead. I, too, was going to go for the DJI backpack or the Lowepro DroneGuard but the Drone Trekker is amazing and better in every regard.

I would highly recommend you look at the Polar Drone Trekker instead. I, too, was going to go for the DJI backpack or the Lowepro DroneGuard but the Drone Trekker is amazing and better in every regard.
Like that bag a lot... holds a 13" laptop and not my 15" MacBook pro, which prevents me from getting it. :(

Manfrotto D1, you will not regret it, I've had plenty of others brands, but this kicks arse !!

e2a I can even fit my RC with DBS02 antenna fitted, saves so much time keep fitting it all together every time I want to go flying. I can even fit in a small 1 litre flask of tea, 5 batteries, tripod, full hoodman kit, ipad air, and it comes with a really smart and easy to fit rain cover. And if you pull the compartments out (attached by Velcro) it becomes a regular backpack good for any travelling.

Like that bag a lot... holds a 13" laptop and not my 15" MacBook pro, which prevents me from getting it. :(

+1 on the Drone Trekker
For what it's worth, I just got one myself and also have a 15" MacBook pro. I was concerned about the same thing. However, the fact that I could also carry my DSLR and lens outweighed that. As luck would have it, my MacBook fits in the front pouch (not inside the laptop sleeve, but just in front of it). The laptop sleeve itself doesn't add much additional protection, since the front of the bag has a good bit of foam. Admittedly it may not be ideal for everyone, but I'm glad I took the chance since it meets my needs perfectly. It might still be worth a shot for you.

+1 on the Drone Trekker
For what it's worth, I just got one myself and also have a 15" MacBook pro. I was concerned about the same thing. However, the fact that I could also carry my DSLR and lens outweighed that. As luck would have it, my MacBook fits in the front pouch (not inside the laptop sleeve, but just in front of it). The laptop sleeve itself doesn't add much additional protection, since the front of the bag has a good bit of foam. Admittedly it may not be ideal for everyone, but I'm glad I took the chance since it meets my needs perfectly. It might still be worth a shot for you.

Just ordered one. I've been looking at bags for weeks. Such a hard decision. This seems to be the perfect blend of everything I'm looking for. :)

Reactions: Reed L
Manfrotto D1, you will not regret it, I've had plenty of others brands, but this kicks arse !!

e2a I can even fit my RC with DBS02 antenna fitted, saves so much time keep fitting it all together every time I want to go flying. I can even fit in a small 1 litre flask of tea, 5 batteries, tripod, full hoodman kit, ipad air, and it comes with a really smart and easy to fit rain cover. And if you pull the compartments out (attached by Velcro) it becomes a regular backpack good for any travelling.
i just got the manfrotto D1.....nice stuiff...!!!

Yes, it does. I was too slow to reply and another member above explained it right.

A 15" laptop will fit in the quick-access pocket, though it won't fit inside the laptop sleeve build into that pocket which you can then use for something else.

It's an awesome bag.

Looks like a nice bag but it is not carry on friendly is it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20