**** that Dam

Reaction score
There is a dam fairly close to where I live. I'd love to do an aerial video. However, I'm a bit worried. if I park the car next to the dam, I'd be slightly looking down on it. I've added a picture I took a while back. so if I take off and start over the water then fly over the dam will the drop confuse it or will the quads height be calculated from where it took off? and secondly if I flew down in to the dam on the right hand side the quad will be lower than its take off height so how would it react?! Hope this isn't too confusing lol.

DSC_0091_zpswemksvap.jpg

Height of your drone, goes into a negative number, once you descend beyond your original take off Home position.

RedHotPoker

Thanks, so if you needed a RTH it would rise up through zero height and climb to RTH height (say 150ft)?
are there any dangers if you drop into minus height?

Last edited:
Yes, it will ascend to your prescribed RTH elevation, before heading to the predestined Home Point. There are some great features built in, that help make each and every flight a joyous and memorable occasion. ;-)
The biggest danger would be losing LOS. Ha

RedHotPoker

There is a dam fairly close to where I live. I'd love to do an aerial video. However, I'm a bit worried. if I park the car next to the dam, I'd be slightly looking down on it. I've added a picture I took a while back. so if I take off and start over the water then fly over the dam will the drop confuse it or will the quads height be calculated from where it took off? and secondly if I flew down in to the dam on the right hand side the quad will be lower than its take off height so how would it react?! Hope this isn't too confusing lol.

DSC_0091_zpswemksvap.jpg
Is that dam in the peak district?

Fly the **** thing and don't worry about the ****. Just set tour rth at a high enough point and you'll be fine.
Just make sure you post the video when your done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl