That beehive sound and spectators

Reaction score
OK... my plan is to go film a drum circle at Siesta Key beach but I'm concerned about the beehive sound of the P3P disrupting the drum circle. I'd go a couple hundred yards down the beach for launch but in my experience you can still hear the beehive sound from 200 feet up. While I'd be flying out over the water and around the circle (not over), I'm still concerned that it might be disruptive. Maybe they woudln't hear it over the sound of the drums and maybe the only people who would walk down 200 yards to check out the drone are the ones who are bored with the drum circle. Am I worrying too much? Not enough? What is your experience and do you have any tips for this sort of thing? The only thing I can think is to have a spotter in the circle giving feedback to me. I'd like to have someone there anyway to record the sound from the ground and possibly film outtakes from there anyway, so maybe they could keep me informed.

Regards,
Mike

Did you say you're going to be 200 ft up? You're right, at 200 ft you can still hear it, in a quiet environment. But I doubt you'd hear it over all that drum noise at that altitude.

at 200ft AGL and 600 feet out, I doubt they would notice it unless you point it out.

Perhaps there's a rehearsal or practice you could use for experimentation. I applaud you're concern.

Thanks guys. Maybe that's the ticket: get there early like when they are setting up, and test it out.

Mike

Perhaps offer the group some shots/footage if they can have a bit of a mock rock for filming.. 10mins or something, then you can leave them in peace to drum away ! (Wish I was there, drone pilot/drummer!) [emoji106] good luck.. Ps if they go for the mock rock, set a phone or something to record the jam to use as a soundtrack.. Could fade in and out to replicate distance as if drone had a mic [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I find the dji genuine carbon reinforced props to be loads quieter at 50m (200') than the stock plastic ones. The buzzing is still there but you can only just hear it.

Im working on a short video testing both types with three microphones, one directly under the aircraft and two at distances of 5m and 10m from takeoff point. Capturing audio samples at altitudes of 5m, 10m, 20m, 50m and 100m. Ill stick a post up when I finish editing it.

I forgot to add. if you can record audio of your aircraft at 50m from underneath and with as little background noise then use that audio sample in Audition or your audio editor to cancel out the background buzz in your final video. just treat it as a noise profile.

Reactions: doomclam

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj