Thank you!

Reaction score
I would like to thank you for all the help so far and going forward! Just finished my 8th flight, 2nd with a camera on board and in breezy conditions to boot yet it all went very well!
The posts on Gain adjustments, how to take off without tipping over etc. have been priceless to me, or at least the price of repairing a messed up P2. :lol:
Now y'all have got me awaiting the arrival of a Black Pearl,Controller mount from that guy in the UK,OSD Mini, CAN HUB (real hard to find) and plug/play cords from Firstpersonview. Dang, this addiction anyway... :eek:
I guess I'll have to start robbing the kids piggy bank, checking the cushions and pawning the lawnmower soon to get a pair of Fatsharks and a case along with 3-4 spare batteries (actually probably need to rob a 7-11 to buy the batteries :shock: ). :twisted:

Anyway, thanks all :!:

Must have meant FPV Hub

mcmax20 said:
Must have meant FPV Hub

FPV Hub probably wouldn't be of much use with an Immersion Tx and the cable he mentioned for it. I was just asking because I've seen a fair amount of people get the canhub for the Phantom when it's not really necessary.

Cr8tive_leo said:
Fpv Hub is great for any Video TX. :)

Noted. I thought the included connectors were all just for DJI gear, and wouldn't work with the cabling he mentioned (the one that connects to the port on the mainboard).

No worries... I read manuals... photographic memory... like to rub it in I read manuals... I'm a geek... I'm bored... what's for dinner?

:mrgreen:

My latest 8fgs hack...

Fotor0424153757.jpg

^^needs mor pix :lol:

I read the manual on the FPV hub too, I guess I wasn't clear in what I meant. The cable he said he was using won't connect directly to it, and generally sidesteps the need for it in the first place...so it really wouldn't be of use to him (and therefore fueled my suspicion that he was referring to the canhub in the first place).

Tomato, po-TAH-to :cool:

OI Photography said:
twodips said:

Are you sure you need the CanHub? What are all the components you're using that need a canbus port?
I'm given to understand that one needs to increase the ports from the existing 1 to hook all this fine gear to the P2. The CAN Hub increases ports to 4. Yes, I've got the immersion TX.
The cables as I understand it removes the need for any soldering and makes it plug/play.
On Edit:
Thanks for questioning me... WHOOPSIE, guess in all my excitement I might have over ordered a couple of things. :oops: After further reading and desecting the FPV discussion I was following I now realize that I shouldn't have got the hub and one of the wiring harnesses.
Thankfully the hub came from BHP so return is easy and the wiring... Don't quite know what I'll do with that yet. May keep it for further projects.
This is why I'd LOVE to see a FPV guide as a sticky.

You will only need the CAN hub if you intend to add anything more beyond what you can daisy-chain together. If you're just adding the iOSD to a P2 then you don't need the CAN hub. Even if you then add a BTU you can daisy-chain this from the iOSD Mini.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.