Thank you DJI!

Reaction score
Since joining this forum, I've read so many negative posts regarding DJI's customer service so I feel obliged to write about my recent experience with them.
After my P3A recently went down (Not THAT bad after 1500' death plunge) , I contacted DJI to see if they could offer any help. After responding to a few of their questions, they sent me a prepaid shipping form; I sent the craft in, and in a week I had it back repaired and functioning, free of charge. Even though I fully believe that the crash was due to mechanical failure, they were under no obligation to do anything for me - there was no way that I could prove the cause of the crash and I believe it was out of warranty anyway. While I'm sure that there have been plenty of legitimate complaints with this company, my personal experience with them was excellent.

If the aircraft was in deed past warranty, they would have given an invoice. They have never been known to be in the business to sympathize over someones misfortune and buy them a replacement. Plus it is highly likely the crash like most others went down due to 1.9.6 firmware.

Another happy camper here. DJI replaced my AC after it had a failure mid-flight and then fell out of the sky and into ocean sinking to the bottom. They were very helpful via phone and web chat and after reviewing the flight records they determined it was a mechanical failure and the new AC just arrived last week.

I will also add they were very helpful last month when one of the arms developed stress cracks in the shell under the motor. They paid to have the AC sent to Los Angeles, repaired it under warranty and sent it back to me. The repair time once it arrived in LA was only 48 hours and then sent back to me.

Reactions: madmandrews
If the aircraft was in deed past warranty, they would have given an invoice. They have never been known to be in the business to sympathize over someones misfortune and buy them a replacement. Plus it is highly likely the crash like most others went down due to 1.9.6 firmware.
Frank, I did get an invoice (with no charge). Can you elaborate on the firmware issue?

Frank, I did get an invoice (with no charge). Can you elaborate on the firmware issue?

When I mentioned invoice I meant it as in a usual charged fee's. Since the last firmware version came out there has been an extreme amount of failures take place. Every newbie owner should now see how it is very wise to WAIT at least 10-14 days before even considering upgrading their aircraft firmware. Some one will install a new version and go fly it one time and post on here that everything is ok and good to go. Then it could be that same person a week later is asking for help because his aircraft crashed.

Anytime you see where a number of others are beginning to pop up with a major issue, you simply can not ignore it. As per this current firmware issue, we really don't know what exactly the actual problem is. This is because the issue is not consistent in being reoccurring in the aircraft's that have problems. Meaning there is more then one malfunction taking place. One might be a compass issue, another might be gps related, ect.

Because there is no band-aid fix while waiting on dji to resolve the issue, I would either ground the aircraft, or roll the firmware back to the version prior to 1.9.6. Btw, I did notice the battery firmware was also updated. But when you load the older firmware back in the aircraft it should also roll back the battery firmware. But you will need to load each battery that you have already flown with the 1.9.6.

Reactions: madmandrews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31