Thank You DJI.

Reaction score
I would like to say a BIG, THANK YOU to you DJI for saving my bacon today... :D

I had to use my Failsafe, Return to Home and Land today and it worked like a dream....so a big thank you for having this emergency option....although I never want to have to initiate it again but thank god it worked....otherwise I would have been pissed and the wife would have been pissed at me.... :lol:

Did you turn off your controller or flip the failsafe switch on the S2 (or whatever right side switch that is)?

No need to be afraid of Fail Safe. I use it every time at the end of my flight. I switch RTH (right switch) and enjoy the ride back home from the back seat. Normally I take back control when it's overhead and land it myself. Don't turn off the controller. Better to have that on all the time. Just enable the switch in Naza mode. And use it, it's safe. As long as it has the home point written it's ok. If it flies the wrong way (sometimes, but seldom, happens if GPS reception suddenly weakens), don't panic, simply switch back to Atti and fly it home. I've literally used it hundreds of times.

What happened with me was most likely "newbie" error.

I flew the Phantom a fair bit away and lost the orientation of the craft, when I tried to bring her home she flew off in the opposite direction and then panic set in...lol....with the panic came the realisation of battery's running out etc and it dropping like a stone, so I done what I never wanted to do and turned the controller off to initiate the Failsafe, even although I had previously designated the Failsafe switch in the Naza Assist, but panic took hold and the switch never entered the equation...lol....but it all ended happily enough, thanks to the boffins at DJI.

I've lost orientation on several occasions, but haven't had to use Failsafe yet. So far, I've found that the "radar" display works great for getting the thing back to me. If that doesn't do it, I have yet to have Home Lock fail me. It is nice to have that third option available, though, in case I ever need it.

Unfortunately I don't have any radar facility but I can certainly see the usefulness of such an option....what version are you using ?....I'm using a 1.1.1.

The course lock was one of the first things I went to but due to the sheer panic, winds seemingly picking up (in my mind, at least) etc etc....I'm sure you can imagine such a scene :lol: ....within probably a second or two but it felt a lot longer I then went to home lock, so there was no real chance for the software to fully activate before I was switching modes and no sooner after a gentle twiddle or two on the sticks I was in more panic :eek: ....I felt no other option other than hope and prey that this thing would do as I hoped and initiate the failsafe due to loss of signal and as reported all ended well but I would not like to revisit that event anytime soon, but more than likely if I was more experienced and remained calm I'm sure it wouldn't have been such a situation....I indeed had two swift rum and cokes upon returning home that afternoon and a little lesson learnt :lol:

I sometimes activate fail save on purpose. It's nice and easy and you can catch the drone by hand. Has never ever failed on me and it's a very cool feature to see the phantom coming home and landing autonomously

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj