TFR interpretation.....

Somebody important is visiting for Christmas.........

Temporary flight restrictions for VIP Movement

I was more referring the no flight from surface for any model aircraft for the whole island. It is the president visiting....

Sorry, but according to D. No your not allowed.......

D. The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, seaplane operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and utility and pipeline survey operations.

Sorry, but according to D. No your not allowed.......

D. The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, seaplane operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and utility and pipeline survey operations.
At least during that timeframe that they stated.

Is there anyway to get sign up to get notification of TFR? This would be a good feature to build into DJI Go app.

As of now www.airmap.io claims to be the go to site. Not sure if any do notifications

Is there anyway to get sign up to get notification of TFR? This would be a good feature to build into DJI Go app.

One of my flying clubs sends out any NOTAM via email to all its members. But there is also an app for this, just not sure of the name.

This will be the 20th Christmas that Obama has spent in Hawaii - it is a family tradition.

The TFR applies to the island of Oahu only, so people should still be able to fly while on the other islands (but a small part of Molokai may be within the 30 nautical mile radius).

I'm not advocating what I'm about to say, it's just for discussion's sake.

Let's say you're within the "outer ring" of that TFR and fly anyway. You keep it real low and real local and real short. No higher than the tree tops, no further than a couple hundred yards, and five-ten minutes. What could happen?

Secret Service might come and confiscate your drone if they get to you fast enough but I think that would be it. My understanding is there are no laws passed yet that can be used to prosecute a hobby drone pilot.

Since there is so much data collected I don't plan to risk it outdoors, I may fly indoors. I stopped by an approved field where they fly fixed wing and they said they have all stopped flying in the past whenever Obama has come to the islands and will this time as well. I talked to some others as well that violate some of the other rules and it seems even the more rebellious are not flying....

Also, since the registration just come out they may try to make an example of someone. I fully expect something to happen here after Christmas...not anyone hurt or anything just someone flying unregistered and violating the TFR....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31