Testing the G-2D white, N1-OSD, 900MHz Tx/Rx on FC40

Reaction score
Original prop noise, turn down the speaker.
Skip the dull stuff, the whobble is at 6:00

Extra harsh flying to test the Walkera G-2D gimbal (white) on the FC40. I attached it with velcro so it's easy to interchange with my P2. At the end I intentionally try to invoke VRS (Vortex Ring State) by descending faster than 2m/s (using 9443 props, thanks IflyinWY). At 4m/s it starts to happen and the descend goes up to 8m/s in a fraction. Letting go of the sticks immediately stops the VRS and a few seconds (and feet) later it's stable again. In the non stabilized FPV overlay you see how the bird is shaking and how stable the gimbal actually is. It got a hell of a beating at some moments.

The pink flower baskets on the balcony were not my idea :)

Seems like I'm getting the hang of taking off and landing on the table, cool.... Landing is a lot cooler than catching. And better for my fingers, being a musician and all.

The video is not optimal. I played a bit with filter settings in my editor and the result is not what I intended. Also, I forgot my Gopro was still on 50f/s and the light was low. But it was mainly to test the stability so I don't mind it much.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: IflyinWY
impressed with where you fly and the setup. I like flying near water, but not over it. I still have not developed the courage to do it after all this time. I'm also debating why I am waiting to buy the OSD. I have extra fc40 cameras to use for fpv and an sj4000 to record video. I had ordered extras just in case I did something stupid:rolleyes: Although I am getting great range, the information on the screen with the OSD look invaluable and I have to consider it.

Great post Lake Flyer. I like the audio, just turned down. The sound may be the first indication to folks who have never experienced VRS. It will get your attention if nothing else does.

9345 Props, never heard of them?

Last edited:
Great post Lake Flyer. I like the audio, just turned down. The sound may be the first indication to folks who have never experienced VRS. It will get your attention if nothing else does.

9345 Props, never heard of them?
OOPS, I mean 9443, always messing that up. Thanks for correcting me, I edited my post.

impressed with where you fly and the setup. I like flying near water, but not over it. I still have not developed the courage to do it after all this time. I'm also debating why I am waiting to buy the OSD. I have extra fc40 cameras to use for fpv and an sj4000 to record video. I had ordered extras just in case I did something stupid:rolleyes: Although I am getting great range, the information on the screen with the OSD look invaluable and I have to consider it.
If you want OSD you have to switch to video FPV instead of WiFi streaming. That's what I did, The Wifi always tended to cut off at around 100m. I wanted more range as well as OSD.

If you want OSD you have to switch to video FPV instead of WiFi streaming. That's what I did, The Wifi always tended to cut off at around 100m. I wanted more range as well as OSD.

So far range has not been an issue I have made several modifications. The only drawback is not having information on the screen like battery, speed, altitude, etc. They have lowered the price on the Chinese OSD so I might as well pick it up online somewhere. What are your recommendations as to the other parts like the telemetry, monitor, video cable from the gopro, etc?

So far range has not been an issue I have made several modifications. The only drawback is not having information on the screen like battery, speed, altitude, etc. They have lowered the price on the Chinese OSD so I might as well pick it up online somewhere. What are your recommendations as to the other parts like the telemetry, monitor, video cable from the gopro, etc?

Beario, are you considering the S-OSD?
I know you've been to this thread, but, for those who haven't seen it, there is a lot of info about it here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/osd-on-the-fc40-and-dji-said-it-couldnt-be-done.31638/

Beario, are you considering the S-OSD?
I know you've been to this thread, but, for those who haven't seen it, there is a lot of info about it here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/osd-on-the-fc40-and-dji-said-it-couldnt-be-done.31638/

Hey IflyinWY I am considering both options. I realize it would be great to have important information like direction and most important the battery. Nothing is worse than being 3000 feet away and your bird goes into descent mode because there is a battery issue. My neighbor was able to recover it in front of a barn at the orchard next to me, but as much as I like the range I get now using the FC40 camera, I think an OSD would be most helpful. I know you have been posting on there too, did you decide yet?

Hey IflyinWY I am considering both options. I realize it would be great to have important information like direction and most important the battery. Nothing is worse than being 3000 feet away and your bird goes into descent mode because there is a battery issue. My neighbor was able to recover it in front of a barn at the orchard next to me, but as much as I like the range I get now using the FC40 camera, I think an OSD would be most helpful. I know you have been posting on there too, did you decide yet?

I will get S-OSD, one of these days.

I will get S-OSD, one of these days.

N1 Osd trending at about $14 less. Just trying to decide if it is better to just go with that one because we need the telemetry system, monitor, cables, etc. after your recommendation I bought 4 of the 4000 mah multistar batteries as well. Boy do I love those:). I used a 2200 to do a test when I was charging them and almost lost it when the battery was losing power so I dont even want to use the 2200's anymore.

N1 Osd trending at about $14 less. Just trying to decide if it is better to just go with that one because we need the telemetry system, monitor, cables, etc. after your recommendation I bought 4 of the 4000 mah multistar batteries as well. Boy do I love those:). I used a 2200 to do a test when I was charging them and almost lost it when the battery was losing power so I dont even want to use the 2200's anymore.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mini-s-o...dji-naza-lite-v2-gps-vs-iosd-remzibi-osd.html

Check out the miniS-OSD . Just a couple dollars more than the big one,same functions
I use Multistar 6600 4s lipos on my F450. Love them

Reactions: IflyinWY
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mini-s-o...dji-naza-lite-v2-gps-vs-iosd-remzibi-osd.html

Check out the miniS-OSD . Just a couple dollars more than the big one,same functions
I use Multistar 6600 4s lipos on my F450. Love them

Wow that is a great find! Much smaller should it should not be a chore to fit it into the Phantom like the Larger S-OSD. I have to say after checking it out this one looks like it is going to be the one. Now I just need to find a great telemetry system. I know about the Boscams, but wonder if there are any more choices. I know a few people also have low priced monitors and I was looking for a 7 inch.

Wow that is a great find! Much smaller should it should not be a chore to fit it into the Phantom like the Larger S-OSD. I have to say after checking it out this one looks like it is going to be the one. Now I just need to find a great telemetry system. I know about the Boscams, but wonder if there are any more choices. I know a few people also have low priced monitors and I was looking for a 7 inch.
Remember if you have a FC40 ,you cannot use 5.8 ghz Fpv.
I use a 2.4 ghz transmitter and receiver with IBcrazy antennas.
http://www.getfpv.com/fpv/immersionrc-2-4ghz-700mw-a-v-transmitter-us-version.html
http://www.getfpv.com/2-4ghz-blubeam-whip-with-90-degree-sma.html
http://www.getfpv.com/fpv/2-4ghz-a-v-receiver.html

Last edited:

Thanks for your recommendations I added them to my list. I've been looking on this getfpv site they have a lot of great stuff. A bit pricey, but it definitely looks like high quality stuff.

Great stuff you're posting there Tallyrver. Yep, some of it's a bit pricey, but how many times are you going to buy it? Go big or go home. LOL

Hey Beario, have you found someone to do your soldering for you? I know that you know that a lot can be done without soldering though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic