Testing out the mini OSD

Reaction score
A bit of poor flying trying the mini OSD, the reason for the poor flying was the camera in the middle of the screen kind of making flying off it a little tricky. :lol: The camera was also causing some interference to my vtx as it got more noisy then normal close when it was in the LOS of the antenna.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0kGB28FAKY[/youtube]

I did get the my top speed of 33m/s early when it was a bit windier, by the time I shot this video the wind had died down a little. In the calm I get around 22m/s in atti mode and up to 25m/s in manual but with a bit of wind behind it does get up to some pretty crazy speeds. This is at 1.2kg for my setup here I am using a 2200mah battery and I am surprised at the voltage drop under load here getting to 10.2v at the end but once shut down goes back to 11v. My second level failsafe is at 10.9v with .7 load so this was flying to second level failsafe and it started to descend at 10.2v load voltage, when I put my battery back on the charger it was at 11.1v. The little brush with the tree didnt do any damage but I hit it better on a later flight even though I made some much cleaner passes too.

Here is what all the info on the screen means.
Nzmv2-iosd-mini1.png

Nzmv2-iosd-mini2.png

Here was an earlier attempt at trying this with a chest mount, this doesnt effect my visibilty of the screen but being low and looking up does get more glare and a bad viewing angle of the screen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf9FOC92kPE[/youtube]

I also tried a headband mount which I was wearing in the wind when I got to 33m/s which is 120kmh :eek: but with the headband being above my eyeline the top of the screen is shielded from the camera by the screen hood so it doesn't show speed.

I think I will try and find a good av to SD capture device so I can record the live feed. Will help find it just in case I happen to bring it down somewhere unplanned. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers