Tested a $9 dollar range extender. It worked but no miracle product.

Reaction score
It did work a little but how can you complain for $9 bucks.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The pilot in the video seems a bit inexperienced. He intentionally loses signal and is surprised when his manual RTH command fails. Fortunately for him, the AC knew what to do.

Reactions: Doug Rosevear
The pilot in the video seems a bit inexperienced. He intentionally loses signal and is surprised when his manual RTH command fails. Fortunately for him, the AC knew what to do.
LOL, I've got a lot of experience but always panic when I'm flying :) honestly, that was the first time I ever got that message on a return to home command.

Reactions: Robert P
LOL, I've got a lot of experience but always panic when I'm flying :) honestly, that was the first time I ever got that message on a return to home command.
Understood. A lot of people don't realize the RTH button on your RC requires a radio signal to the AC for it to work. Thankfully the AC knows the signal is lost and takes over for you!

I have one of those boosters for my P3S. Actually works pretty good for the money. I use it just to keep the signal focused short-range.

Thanks for sharing!

3D-printed my own for pennies, used sheet copper tape for the reflector(s). Yeah it's directional - if not kept aimed in the right direction you'll immediately lose connection triggering an automatic RTH. Don't think of it so much as a range extender, but as a method of getting a nicer (stronger) video feed at the ranges you would normally use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan