Test Motors without Gimbal

Reaction score
After taking the gimbal off my P3P because of a damaged base plate, I'd like to test the motors without the gimbal attached.
Is this okay to do?

Don't see why not, leave props off and fire it up. I don't think the two are linked?
How did you manage to damage the base plate, pretty tough bit of kit!!

Reactions: kyrvas
Um I did read somewhere that gimble wires still need to attach to board for it to link ,,,if not using gimble,,not 100%sure on that but did read it recent

Um I did read somewhere that gimble wires still need to attach to board for it to link ,,,if not using gimble,,not 100%sure on that but did read it recent
ianzone - If you can find an authoritative link, please post it; Thank you.

ianzone - If you can find an authoritative link, please post it; Thank you.
OK early and need to look but this is post from p3s..I presumed this was equal on all phantoms ,,I will triple check this but seems p3p will work fine without gimble but unsure if you have telemetry since most info onscreen comes from here
20190322_090347.jpg

OK early and need to look but this is post from p3s..I presumed this was equal on all phantoms ,,I will triple check this but seems p3p will work fine without gimble but unsure if you have telemetry since most info onscreen comes from hereView attachment 109821
Okay, Thanks - I'll wait until the new base plate comes; then will install gimbal; then test motors without props.

Good news: the gimbal base plate came in with other needed parts; the base plate screws were Hex 6.

Also, msinger gave me good advice on testing my P3P in DJI GO before taking to the air. So, after testing the motors on the ground without props, and checking for DJI GO error messages, and no obvious problems detected, I took a modest flight of 14' altitude and ~ 20' distance, while checking both stick functions -> the flight went smoothly. Now, to test it higher and farther . . .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31