Terrible Autoland...

Reaction score
I have been having compass stuck errors since the day I got my phantom. It crashed in a tree a little while ago, but seems fine. But recently I have realized how serious this compass stuck error is. As I was flying my phantom today, I went to autoland, and the phantom proceeded to drift like crazy on landing, almost flipping itself. I shut off the motors to prevent it flipping, and then it landed. I do not know what is wrong with my phantom, should I return it and trade out for another one at Walmart? (Where I got it)

Even, I would wait for some more posts but what I've read on here you can order a new compass and they are like 10 bucks and easy to change out. But wait for another member to give you some more details on where and how. Or search some UTube flix.

What happens when you try and re-calibrate the compass? Error then too?

As to auto-landing, I don't trust it ever for that as the altitude it reports in GO is way off and I don't know how much influence that has as to how it decides to land. If the underbelly sensors cannot tell how close the ground is or GO hasn't a clue and it wants to float about and maybe get blown over by the wind, then I prefer to manually land it and see how softly the video camera records the touchdown.

I have been having compass stuck errors since the day I got my phantom. It crashed in a tree a little while ago, but seems fine. But recently I have realized how serious this compass stuck error is. As I was flying my phantom today, I went to autoland, and the phantom proceeded to drift like crazy on landing, almost flipping itself. I shut off the motors to prevent it flipping, and then it landed. I do not know what is wrong with my phantom, should I return it and trade out for another one at Walmart? (Where I got it)

How long ago did you get it? Why try to replace the compass if a return or exchange is possible. Just keep it simple man, if your having compass issues and a calibration does not fix it, then i would return it or exchange if still possible.

Good Luck Homie.

I called DJI, and they said it's a hardware issue. I am going to switch it out for another one as much as it pains me

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4