Temporary Compass Error

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am new to the forum and just purchased my P3P a few weeks ago and need some advice please,

I have read the manual numerous times and also watched as many Youtube clips and tutorials as I could take.

I did a short flight in the back yard last Saturday and several times I received a "Compass Error" warning. It went into Atti mode. This only stayed on for a second or so and then went back to normal.

I calibrated IMU on a level surface and calibrated the compass in the back yard (no metal nearby). My back yard is 10 acres, so plenty of open space.

I am able to fly in Atti mode as I have flown for a while with other drones that had no GPS or anything.

I have also uploaded the flight log if anyone could give me some advise please:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Thanks guys,

Reactions: nixonO4
I'm guessing that where you fly your having strong magnetic interference. Even concrete has metal bars inside them. Are you launching near anything with concrete or metal?

Actually come to think of it, I did launch from the concrete in the back of the house. But the funny thing is, it did not happen then, it started when i was flying over the back yard (grass).

Reactions: nixonO4
You wearing an apple watch when compass dancing?
Try doing the compass calibration again, but this time remove all metal bits as if you are going through a scanner at the airport. Maybe try another open grassy field.

I am new to the forum and just purchased my P3P a few weeks ago
Welcome to the forum!

If you are interested, click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners. One of the tips has a link to great compass info.

Cheers!

If your P3 is switching to ATTI mode, it's an indication of loss of satellites. If the calibration is bad or you launch from a place influenced by magnetic materials, P3 may behave erratically. People have reported that their P3 switching to ATTI modes during bad compass behaviors which assists pilots to get P3 back home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers