temperature mini to start engines

Reaction score
Hi, I have a P3A.
I wanted to make my first fly today.
The temperature outside is 10°C (winter in France).
The engines do not start and a message explained the temperature must be at least 15°C.
But in the notice the working temperature is 0°C to 40°C.
Could you explain me?
Best regards,
Patrick

Hi, I have a P3A.
The engines do not start and a message explained the temperature must be at least 15°C.
Could you explain me?
Best regards,
Patrick
Was the battery left outside? If you start with the batt at room temp, it will keep itself warm when flying. I doubt the drone cares much about the temp - only the battery.

Last edited:
Warm you battery to 26 degrees C or 77 degrees Fahrenheit. I have flown my bird in negative degree weather with high winds.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I believe it is actually 15 deg C or 59 deg F .. You need to warm your battery's above this temp before the app will allow the quad to fire up. It's a safty feature dji has added because flying in too cold of temps can take a tole on the battery and its performance.. Not allowing the battery to give out the amperage needed to keep the quad and its motors happy.. And what can happen is the motors could stall and the quad could crash.. But as long as your battery's are above this temp to start with before flight, then your fine.. Iv flown mine in extremely cold temps and have never had an issue.. But again I always make sure the battery is warm first.

And good hint is to keep your battery in a pocket close to your body, like inside your jacket pocket until your ready for flight, this will help a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dounin Front
Warm the lipos then it will be fine - they will operate in a 0*C environment but need to be warm first to start.

Hi, I have a P3A.
Could you explain me?
The 0-40C is the operating temp of the Phantom as a whole. 15C is the minimum the _batteries_ need to be in order for the Phantom's motors to work. A little misleading, yes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj