Telemetry

Reaction score
BIG Q??
if I use my Hitec for a TX/RX on my phantom, and set up with telemetry GPS , and if I get a runaway, will it give me Lat /Lon and then punch those #s in a handheld GPS, I should be able to find it right?....................at least that's what I'm thinking.

cptdarel said:
BIG Q??
if I use my Hitec for a TX/RX on my phantom, and set up with telemetry GPS , and if I get a runaway, will it give me Lat /Lon and then punch those #s in a handheld GPS, I should be able to find it right?....................at least that's what I'm thinking.

Unfortunately, if it is a true flyaway, then it flies away because the gps failed. So, I'm not too sure it will help much.

If you set up a gps in addition to the Naza, and pulled from it, then probably yes. Also, you would probably need data logging in case the GPS antenna didn't have a view of the sky, or was itself damaged in the crash.

Dave Pitman said:
Unfortunately, if it is a true flyaway, then it flies away because the gps failed. So, I'm not too sure it will help much.

If you set up a gps in addition to the Naza, and pulled from it, then probably yes. Also, you would probably need data logging in case the GPS antenna didn't have a view of the sky, or was itself damaged in the crash.

the telemetry system has it own independent antenna, I was hoping someone with this system has an idea of the lat/lon display, from what I am researching it is and is being done today, of course the worst case scenario would be broke up, of no satellite found, but again I think weird :roll:

found my answer, yes it can be done, if a signal is received, just punch in the lat/lon #s and go get it, and figger out why it flew away to begin with. :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj