Telemetry without camera gimbal?

Reaction score
Hello! I am needing some technical advise here. I have the P3S and what to fly it without the camera/gimbal. The telemetry is sent through the wifi module that has it's power source routed through the camera/gimbal. I need a workaround in order to reroute that power to the wifi module so I can receive the telemetry/battery info/etc. without using the camera.

Here is a wiring diagram I've found that may provide useful information:

Main PCB Gimbal connector
pin 1,2,3,4 = Ground
pin 7,8,9,10= +12V to gimbal

Main PCB OFDM connector:
pin 1,2 = GND
pin 3,4 = +5V to OFDM module
pin 5,6 = CAN bus to OFDM module
pin 7 = GND
pin 8,9 = CAN bus to optical flow/sonar module
pin 10 = +5V

Please help!! I would be very grateful!

CAN bus to OFDM module
Ph3 Std has no OFDM module. Also this interface is UART, not CAN. So what you've pasted is not only irrelevant, but also wrong.

I need a workaround in order to reroute that power to the wifi module so I can receive the telemetry/battery info/etc. without using the camera.
I'm getting Star Trek vibes here, with rerouting power. Currently drones are not anywhere near the Enterprise, yet.

What you'd have to do is to reroute DUML packets with telemetry, not power. But where you want to route them through? The RC link?

o-gs wiki: P3C radio receiver board

Are you able to establish whether that link is even bi-directional?

And how good are your binary modification skills? Because you'd probably have to modify a firmware binary somewhere on the way.

And how do you expect to transfer the packets to a mobile device?
Or do you want the telemetry on an LCD hot glued to the RC?

Reactions: MerckxBh
Ph3 Std has no OFDM module. Also this interface is UART, not CAN. So what you've pasted is not only irrelevant, but also wrong.

I'm getting Star Trek vibes here, with rerouting power. Currently drones are not anywhere near the Enterprise, yet.

What you'd have to do is to reroute DUML packets with telemetry, not power. But where you want to route them through? The RC link?

o-gs wiki: P3C radio receiver board

Are you able to establish whether that link is even bi-directional?

And how good are your binary modification skills? Because you'd probably have to modify a firmware binary somewhere on the way.

And how do you expect to transfer the packets to a mobile device?
Or do you want the telemetry on an LCD hot glued to the RC?
Thank you for this incredibly wise and positive reply, I’m overwhelmed with your knowledge and expertise as I bathe in your glory, oh mighty one. I think seppuku by drone place is my only option now since I was not ONLY irrelevant in my quest for knowledge, but I was ALSO WRONG, as you so kindly pointed out. I hope you never have to read such disgusting words from another forum post again master. Let my failure be an example for the future noob pilots, so that we will all do better in quaddamage’s presence.

• Haha
Reactions: quaddamage

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj