Telemetry Issue

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced sporadic loss of distance and altitude data since the updates? Mine is cutting in and out. No loss of control signal or FPV issues. Everything else working fine. Thanks

One possibility is the 3 grey cables to the gimbal which pass through the front of the battery bay.
Check that they aren't in a position that allows them to get pinched by the battery sliding in.
The should be right up the front out of the way but some have been getting in the way of the battery.
There have been cases of damage from pinching requiring replacement of the cables.

Or .. check they are plugged into the gimbal base properly.

I can confirm phantom connection cutting in and out result also. This intermittent connection is at relatively close range (less than 800 feet / 243 meters). However, I was flying in a relatively populated neighborhood, with lots of WiFi sources. Prior to the upgrade, my Phantom did not cut out in the same flight area, just since the v3.06 upgrade regimen.

I also seem to experience more lost video on the Vision App, since this upgrade. In my case, restarting all systems is necessary, which restarts the video, every time. These hints are suggesting the WiFi may have reduced connectivity. Usually, this is explained as a defective WiFi module, but it doesn't seem like a parts problem to me, more of a software (firmware) issue.

Furthermore, camera tilt action experiences delayed response to commands from the remote controller. The phantom gets the commands, it just seems to take its sweet time executing them. All these new features are part of the v3.06 change.

Yeah it depends on where you are flying, and whether you know the signal environment.

I cant get outa my neighborhood without losing video/telemetry - about 800 ft. is all I get.

At my test field I go 3600ft (FPVLR stage 2 antennas) with no problem.

Signal environments change also - some days interference is doable, other days, in the same spot, its not.

Dont know if thats your isue or not, just tellin what I know from mine..

Meta4 said:
One possibility is the 3 grey cables to the gimbal which pass through the front of the battery bay.
Check that they aren't in a position that allows them to get pinched by the battery sliding in.
The should be right up the front out of the way but some have been getting in the way of the battery.
There have been cases of damage from pinching requiring replacement of the cables.

Listen to this guy please!!!
look closely at the 3 cables and make sure they aren't damaged. Bounce landings and bumps will easily dislodge these 3 grey cables.

Mako79 said:
Meta4 said:

Listen to this guy please!!!
look closely at the 3 cables and make sure they aren't damaged. Bounce landings and bumps will easily dislodge these 3 grey cables.
all my wires are fine

OK GUYS...wow.....

so I just changed my 2 FPVLR antennas with the 8dcb TP Link ones and my FPV is back!! so something is wrong with these 2 FPVLR antennas for sure!!

the one that has the actual RC transmission works perfectly, however, the 2 that go on the wifi extender are failing or don't work somehow

here is a picture of the FPVLR ones swapped out for the TP link ones and the TP link ones work wonderfully...

so at this point, after

1. taking apart the whole bird

2. heatsinking the wifi unit

3. rebinding multiple times

4. uninstalling and reinstalling DJI app multiple times

5. using different phones, iphone, ipad, samsung tab, galaxy phone, etc

6. using different SD cards

7. Checking every connection with a volt-meter (DVOM)

7. wasting literally, at least 30 hours of my life

and the whole time it was the FPVLR antennas........I bought these 2nd hand off ebay, and I do not mean any offense to Tony, but there is something definitely wrong......

just so you know...nothing is wrong with the bird...it was the antennas the whole time....yikes! :cry:

Attachments

• 20141112_225027.jpg
    20141112_225027.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 355
This guy purchased the antennas not from us but from Ebay,
and the ebay seller warned me about this guy lying.
I have the message he sent me a few days ago

"Hi Tony

I received the Stage 2 and installed it successfully this time!

I want to give you a heads up about a potential customer (if he hasn't purchased already). If you recall, I purchased your original Stage 2 a couple of days before you released the new one and I messed up the controller when removing the glue. I ordered a new controller and listed the original Stage 2 for sale on EBay and ordered the new one from you. The original was never installed. In fact, all I did was remove the invoice from the box. The item sold on EBay to a ********** It took him a long time to pay but he finally did. I shipped the Stage 2 to him in the original box you sent to me. Upon his receipt of antenna's he claims the were horriblably used and abused. He claimed the rubber was pulled off and many bare wires exposed. I told him it was never used and sent to him in original box. He claims he has talked to many people and they have told him that's not how the Stage 2 is packaged and shipped. I think what happened is after he purchased it, he saw you had a newer model and decided to abuse the system and get his money back. PayPal has taken the money from my account. Long story short, beware of this guy. He is rude and offensive. I don't care as much about the money but do care that he has called me a liar and a cheat.

Beware!!!!

Thanks Tony
Gary

Now this said, if some antennas are damaged in shipping, even if you purchased them from someone else,
You come to Me, Tony, at FPVLR , you don't go on a public forum slamming the antennas.
This shows no respect , no seriousness on your part.

Do you think I would not have replaced them for you?

kondorfpv said:
This guy purchased the antennas not from us but from Ebay,
and the ebay seller warned me about this guy lying.
I have the message he sent me a few days ago

"Hi Tony

I received the Stage 2 and installed it successfully this time!

I want to give you a heads up about a potential customer (if he hasn't purchased already). If you recall, I purchased your original Stage 2 a couple of days before you released the new one and I messed up the controller when removing the glue. I ordered a new controller and listed the original Stage 2 for sale on EBay and ordered the new one from you. The original was never installed. In fact, all I did was remove the invoice from the box. The item sold on EBay to a ********** It took him a long time to pay but he finally did. I shipped the Stage 2 to him in the original box you sent to me. Upon his receipt of antenna's he claims the were horriblably used and abused. He claimed the rubber was pulled off and many bare wires exposed. I told him it was never used and sent to him in original box. He claims he has talked to many people and they have told him that's not how the Stage 2 is packaged and shipped. I think what happened is after he purchased it, he saw you had a newer model and decided to abuse the system and get his money back. PayPal has taken the money from my account. Long story short, beware of this guy. He is rude and offensive. I don't care as much about the money but do care that he has called me a liar and a cheat.

Beware!!!!

Thanks Tony
Gary

Now this said, if some antennas are damaged in shipping, even if you purchased them from someone else,
You come to Me, Tony, at FPVLR , you don't go on a public forum slamming the antennas.
This shows no respect , no seriousness on your part.

Do you think I would not have replaced them for you?

Funny, this ebay user is a scammer. I bought them for $140 from an user who said they were brand new.

1. They clearly were not "brand new" so I asked him to refund me after I ship it back to him and he refused. This led to a paypal/ebay dispute.

2. I won the auction on a Friday and paid the next Monday, next business day. I would not consider that as a late payment.

3. I find it funny this seller "preemptively" told you that I was going to try and pull something.....it just shows they were trying to protect themselves since he clearly sold me faulty antennas and I was going to blame him when it came.

Lessons learned: always use ebay/paypal to pay and they will back you up

I tried everything, and could not possibly conceive i had faulty antennas, but after swapping them out, it was the antennas.

I have spoken with you on the phone just now and must say, you really do back up your products. I will send them to you shortly.
think we both realized the ebay seller was the issue.

Sorry that you think I was "slamming" your product, but if you look at my post history, you can clearly see how much I have already given back to the community and that I tried every other solution than to simply swap out the antennas and that I did no say all of your antennas are bad...it was just the ones in my possession.

I bought them from him knowing full well there was already a new version out, and I emailed Tony prior to the asking him the differences. Once tony just said there really is no difference other than they are all mounted on the same plane, it was no deal breaker for me and I won the auction for $140 with free shipping....saves me $28+tax+shipping+the wait

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers