Telemetry and GoPro status unreadable

Reaction score
I just installed the iOSD mini in my P2 with GoPro. I was disappointed to see that the GoPro status (battery, mode, etc.) conflicts with the P2 telemetry (battery, GPS, etc.). I am aware that the iOSD Assistant allows you to shift the text right and left, but the text still is difficult to read.

Is it because I am using a low resolution 4:3 aspect ratio field monitor or am I missing something in the setup that will allow the status of the GoPro and P2 not to interfere with each other.

Thanks,

Most folks are turning off the Gopro OSD output at the camera.

^^ turn off the GoPro OSD. It doesn't tell you anything useful anyway.

Thank you, I have successfully turned off GoPro OSD.

I was surprised to find that the GoPro smartphone app allows control of every GoPro menu option, but not OSD. I had to turn off OSD on the camera itself which is OK, but it is the reason I didn't see the OSD control option.

Thanks again

Yea, as mentioned already the GoPro OSD is useless as none of the information is anything you shouldn't already know from when you turned it on on the ground and stated recording.

Although...........I guess for the paranoid among us seeing the WiFi status : OFF in the lower right corner and knowing it stays off could keep one calm :lol:

Every now and then my GoPro stops recording and I'll return from a 15 minute flight with only 5 minutes of video. In this scenario it would be useful to know if it's recording or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmaxxtigger said:
Every now and then my GoPro stops recording and I'll return from a 15 minute flight with only 5 minutes of video. In this scenario it would be useful to know if it's recording or not.

Had this issue on very early GoPro firmware versions. Is your GP firmware up to date?

...Skeeter
since 1960....

skeeter said:
tmaxxtigger said:

Had this issue on very early GoPro firmware versions. Is your GP firmware up to date?

...Skeeter
since 1960....

Yeah, running the latest firmware. I doesn't happen very often, only twice on about 30 flights. I have the White.

tmaxxtigger said:
skeeter said:
tmaxxtigger said:

...Skeeter
since 1960....

Yeah, running the latest firmware. I doesn't happen very often, only twice on about 30 flights. I have the White.

Rats. Was hoping for an easy fix. Have you contacted GoPro or check the GP forums?

I've been through the whole support shenanigans with the purple lines which they admitted eventually was normal. Unfortunately they just give you the run around hoping you'll get tired and stop asking. I guess it worked, lol.

One additional point that I didn't know until I saw it on this forum is that the GoPro battery doesn't drain. The GoPro is powered by the Phantom's battery. I haven't run updated my GoPro 3+ blacks firmware since I bought it last summer. Think I will. There are a bunch of new settings that can be made. I also didn't know about the isod mini software to change some setting. I'll look into that tonight. I think some of the telemetry is a little hard to read because of it's position. on the screen. I sometimes wish I could just shut off the FPV camera view for a few seconds so I can more easily read the telemetry.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik