Tech Flight info please

Reaction score
So I have a friend who wants me to try a fly over each hole at his Golf Course to record a fly view.
So question is when flying from waypoints let's say 1,2 and 3, if tee box is 10' above sea level and the green is the same however there are hills 30' high in-between waypoints and the quad is set at 20' will it know to gain altitude? Or will it continue and crash into hill? Hope that made sense.
Thanks in advance
Steve

Nope - if you want it to gain altitude you have to tell it to do so. If you're flying at 20', and there's a 30' hill in the way, it's going to fly straight into the side of the hill.

I would suggest that you make any hill a way point, and set that way point with enough altitude to get over the hill, then back down to the next way point.

djl

Yeah... the waypoint altitudes are relative to the home point, not MSL.

Have to say... I love the thought of this type of use for a Phantom. I'd love to be able to pull up to a tee box, pull out an iPad, and see a video of a fly over! Or... taking it to the next logical step... a real time fly-over. Let me control a Phantom to see the parts of the fairway that I might want to see. ;)

ProfessorStein said:
Have to say... I love the thought of this type of use for a Phantom. I'd love to be able to pull up to a tee box, pull out an iPad, and see a video of a fly over! Or... taking it to the next logical step... a real time fly-over. Let me control a Phantom to see the parts of the fairway that I might want to see. ;)

I'm afraid I share Mr Twain's opinion that golf is "a good walk, spoiled" :).

Funny this idea came up just out of fun on one of my favorite courses. The first question asked to me was what I was going to charge them lol. I settled on a free round of golf and one cocktail at hole 19. Maybe a new business model for someone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.