Tarot or H3-2D Gimbal on Vision 2

Reaction score
I saw a company that is making a gimbal for the vision 2 camera but they want like $500 bucks for it. Is it possible to mount either the dji branded gimbal on the vision 2 or the tarot gimbal and get video feed like the stock camera? Even if I have to do some soldering that is fine. I love the stock camera but I don't know why they didn't utilize a gimbal, soooo much more steady. I don't like gopro but I'd use it to get steadier shots.

Rotorpixel one is the one I was referring to that was over $550 plus shipping. That's steep... I read through the thread, did I over look a cheaper one?

Rotorpixel are creating a new one specifically for the Vision, priced at between 300 and 400, possibly ready in February. See the posts in that thread from Rotorpixel themselves. Dronexpert.nl have released one already that is being delivered to pre-orders now, that is priced at nearer $620, there is a thread about that one too. Two different designs, both using the existing camera, both plug and play, both still able to use app for tilt, dronexpert gimbal also using the transmitter 7th channel for tilt via a lever on the back of the transmitter.

Guess I got them confused, looked the same. Cool thanks. Still a little expensive compared to a tarot.

Once the first reviews are in of both you will be able to see how they are connecting into the Vision and that should open the way to a bit of DIY gimballing for those so inclined. Bear in mind that the Vision camera is heavier than a GoPro - so gimbals made and balanced for a GoPro might not work with the heavier Vision camera without quite a bit of tinkering and modding...

Yeah I don't think any manufacturers have open source code to microcontroller on them so a bit difficult but someone will figure it out I'm sure. I would like to know if u can interface a gopro into the phantom vision also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers