Tarot gimbal

I just purchased the Tarot gimbal as well. I haven't started to hook it up yet. I keep hearing about the upgrade kit for the Phantom. Is that necessary for any other gimbal other than the Zenmuse one? What exactly does the upgrade kit allow you to do that you can't do without it?

Thanks!

I just installed my Tarot and it works well. You need an adapter plate to attach it to the Phantom. I have an extra I'll sell $12 shipped. Right after I ordered that simple plate, I found another that was more long to which the FPV transmitter could be attached (hence the extra).

Putting it together was pretty easy. The control board is the last piece to go on. I just got two JST plugs (male and female ends). One I attached to the aux line under the phantom and the other to the gimbal.

Make sure you never plug it it without the camera in place. Also, turn on the camera and start recording before you start the system, otherwise you'll be fighting against and putting force on the motors.

Phantom start sequence.

Install, turn on, and start recording the GP camera.
Plug in the phantom while on a level surface.
The gimbal light will be a solid blue once it is ready. Never push against it once it is powered.

You shouldn't have to take the Phantom apart unless the aux line has snaked into the body and you cannot get it out with tweezers.

I have mine set up so I can take the plate and gimbal off with one front screw. I've epoxied 2 button snaps to the plate and Phantom. The four snaps and the front screw hold everything in place.

If I just want to fly the system without the weight, just to show it of or play around, I merely have to remove the front screw and then lazily pry the plate off near the snaps, instead of having to take it apart every time.

Also, you'll need some kind of landing leg extension, or new landing system as the gimbal will hang too low and it will get hit when you land.

I ordered one and around 200 you get the gyro. I have a battery switch, headlight switch and a switch for the small battery display. I am going to hook the headlight switch to the Tarot. How much time do we lose with the gimbal? I will use stand offs for extensions.

Gizmo3000 said:
Skylane765 said:
If using a Futaba, do we hook the gimbal to the receiver or nazi?

Futaba Rx all the way!

(be sure to update the Tarot firmware to v1.3).

you can also connect the roll up to the Futaba as well.
Thanks! It takes time to get from China :(

Friends, I live in Argentina, visiting the US soon , there I will buy a Phantom w gopro, also a Tarot, some of you say it is needed an adapter platform, can anybody tell me how is this called and where should I buy it? Thnaks!

Hey guys,
I just connected up my gimbal via the aux power and have also downloaded the latest software update for the phantom. The problem is that when i take my finger off the throttle stick the phantom no longer hovers but instead descends slowly; is this because of weight, or power been diverted to run the gimbal, or is it something else?

drummerboy said:
Hey guys,
I just connected up my gimbal via the aux power and have also downloaded the latest software update for the phantom. The problem is that when i take my finger off the throttle stick the phantom no longer hovers but instead descends slowly; is this because of weight, or power been diverted to run the gimbal, or is it something else?
It is the weight of the gimbal, not the power going to the gimbal. The gimbal takes very little power. Also you may need to set your loss on voltage higher with added weight for your warning to be right, it has nothing to do with level flight.

i just installed my tarot gimbal to my F450 yesterday. it is really plug and play. i dint reconfigure the settings,i just keep it as is.

any tips and tricks so it will work more smoothly?

zx101 said:
i just installed my tarot gimbal to my F450 yesterday. it is really plug and play. i dint reconfigure the settings,i just keep it as is.

any tips and tricks so it will work more smoothly?

connect up to the computer, and change the settings so you can manually tilt it nice and slow.
(or connect the roll as well for some neat video)

but it's pretty solid as stock

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj