Tarot gimbal

Reaction score
Hello.

I just buy a Tarot gimbal for my Phantom V1.1.1

my problem is that when i connect the battery on it seems to work ...the green light and then the blue is on but the motors NOT response.

Do you have any idea about this?

I dont connect it on the bird...i just put the gyro and all other think toghether and i just give it a try to check it but the lights is on ,the motors DEAD!

can i RESET or RETURN to the factory defaults?

when i connect it to computer...the tarot program check it like it works...but NO responce from both of motors!

any idea?

thanks!!!

Gizmo3000 said:
Well you do need to connect it, and let it sit perfectly still until it initializes.

this thread can help you figure out how to update the firmware and such
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1988607

hello and thanks for your answer!

i follow this...i let it sit perfectlly until ititializes but still the same

i allready updated firmware like you say ....but still nothing...motors dont give a try for work!

Gizmo3000 has already provided you with the correct information. The gimbal must remain motionless for about 10 seconds before the motors start working. There is no way you can hold the gimbal in your hand and it be motionless. We'd like to help you further, but we'd just be repeating information from the thread that Gizmo posted.

I also own a Tarot gimbal, and I hope you're able to get yours working.

If you do run into any more issues, lets us know and perhaps we can clarify things for you, but if you're unable to get it working with the information provided, maybe it would be best to return the gimbal.

hello
can i ask again if there is anyway to FORMAT the unit or to return it to factory defaults?
thanks

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9505 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

bmw330vasilis said:
hello
can i ask again if there is anyway to FORMAT the unit or to return it to factory defaults?
thanks

You can restore the factory defaults with the gimbal software, but you can only make changes with...the gimbal software. Judging from your question I have to assume you've never seen the gimbal software, so I have to wonder how restoring your defaults is going to help.

I can't stress enough that the first thing any tarot owner needs to do once they have the gimbal installed on their Phantom is update the firmware for both the control board AND the motors...there is no way around this...none...zero...nada...do not pass go but if you collect 200 dollars I get half.

If you need help with the software or how to update your firmware please let us know.

Here is a great video to watch about using the Tarot software (Note: the gain adjustments are most likely unnecessary for Tarot gimbals sold in the last year or so) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwogodUlGAI

Edit:
Just needed to add that Windows 8 users need an obscure Windows 8 driver, I don't think it's supplied by Tarot. Contact me with PM or here in the thread and I can help you obtain the driver if needed.

thanks for your time.

i purshace a tarot gimbal
evedything works fine ...never install on my phantom but i try to update via win8 and wrong drivers.
Now when i put power on it its light up but motors not respond.
I make big mistake so now i try to take it back to factory values and software.

i have win8
any help from anybody is very good for me

thanks again

I had a similar problem with my tarot gimbal. I messed with it didn't really know what I was doing and some how gimbal motors would not turn on. Thought I had fried the board but somehow I was able to save it. To get the gimbal working again I re installed the latest firmware and then immediately re installed latest motor firmware and power cycled and some how the thing worked again. You must mount the gimbal on your phantom before you will be able to fix the problem, the gimbal will not properly initialize if you are just holding it in your hand. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of the slight jitter that shows up in my videos. Also check to make sure you have the two motor cables plugged into the correct ports on the control board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost