tarot gimbal issues - ?'s and help

Reaction score
I have and am actively flying and filming with my Tarot, and have added 7th channel tilt, which is working, sort of, while I await my FPV orders.

BUT, I still have two unresolved issues, the second of which might be resolved by fixing the first issue....which is...I cannot get my computer and Tarot connected and talking through the program/cord/controller. I have both the V1.0 and V 1.3 firmware, and manuals...which don't help me troubleshoot a connection problem. I can get my computer to open the com port, have the controller screen up an responding to mouse movements. It tells me to install the ZYX****.exe..which I assume must be the cord since the ZYX program is running, telling me to install it The cord is plugged into the USB port (and computer acknowledges new hardware installed) and plugged into the controller's gimbal control port...but no evidence of connection. The cord-hardware has a red light..which stays lit solid red. I have at times seen a transient blue light but the manual gives NO advice as to what either means or SHOULD be doing when properly connected. The gimbal remains blinking blue when the Tx is on and basically the computer and gimbal just act as if there is no connection between them. So I am stuck....can't install the udated firmware and can't adjust the gimbal limits.

The other problems may be solved once I can adjust the gimbal so I will hold off on those.

Can anyone who HAS connected their Tarot to the computer suggest what the problem is? Should the red light turn blue when connected?

Thanks

Netphreak,
Good question. When I click on "open com port" it automatically lists one in the box and tells me "com port successfully opened". I can't CHANGE the listed com port after that. I have tried plugging into alternate USB ports but get no different response. When I plug into the USB port the computer responds regarding new hardware...so the computer sees the cord...at least. But it keeps telling me to "open zyx....".

Does that suggest I am missing something.

So......on the 536th reply in the thread....this:

If you have custom settings in the software, make sure to write them down. Everything is reset after a firmware update.

1. Get the version 1.3 here (both links get the same firmware, so just click any of the 2 urls) - http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?clsid=15&id=276
2. Inside the folder, once unpacked, you will find 2 directories. One is the CH(inese) and one being the EN(glish) one. Go into the english directory
3. <optional> install the driver inside the driver directory.
4. Be sure NOT to have the gimbal powered on, from the battery. ONLY hooked up with the USB cable
5. Start the utility (ZYX-BMGC-EN_V1.3)
5.1 Updating is a two step. First update the controller, then the motors.
6. Once inside select the correct COM port and click "Open Firmware". Do NOT click "Open COM port".
7. Select the firmware from the directory "Gimbal Controller.........v1.3.bgsf"
8. Hit Start Upgrade and connect the battery to the gimbal. Note: it will not begin to flash, until the battery is connected.
9. Wait until it's completed. Then power off the gimbal and close the program.
10. Connect the USB cable to the other side of the controller board, so you can do the same for the motors.
11. Start up the software again
12. Click "Motor Configuration"
13. Select the correct COM port in the drop down
14. Click Open Firmware and navigate to the firmware folder (same as before). This time select the "Motor Driver......v1.3.bmcf" file.
15. Hit Start Upgrade and power on the gimbal.
16. Your Done.

Most mistakes during this firmware updating is because people click the "Open Com port". So don't do this and it will work just fine.

I am 99% sure this is the problem. I am leaving on a 4 day trip and will not be able to try this but I am very hopeful.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic