Tarot Gimbal fight time?

Reaction score
I'm brand new to this hobby. I've got a all stock 1.1.1 phantom that's getting about 8 mins of flight time. I want to install a Tarot gimbal about how much less fight time can I expect keeping it all stock?

just going by gimbals alone, i would say 5 minutes.
upgrading to 9 inch props and using some 3rd party 2800 mah batteries could get you anywhere between 8 - 10 min

A stock phantom should run for 10-12 minutes without a gimbal or camera attached. If you are getting 8, I assume you are flying with the gopro in the waterproof case? That is a 180g combo. The tarot weighs 180g on its own, not including the camera. So you would be looking at about 6-7 min flight times with the gimbal installed. Depending on how aggressively you set your low voltage alarm, you might be able to eke out 30 seconds to a minute more.

ElGuano said:
A stock phantom should run for 10-12 minutes without a gimbal or camera attached. If you are getting 8, I assume you are flying with the gopro in the waterproof case? That is a 180g combo. The tarot weighs 180g on its own, not including the camera. So you would be looking at about 6-7 min flight times with the gimbal installed. Depending on how aggressively you set your low voltage alarm, you might be able to eke out 30 seconds to a minute more.

Sounds like you know these pretty good. I just watched a few videos with a open mount and a hero 1 I get really close to 9 min or just under. With my hero 3+ and waterproof case it's really close to 8.

Thanks for the reply's.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik