Tarot 2d not tracking with X1

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has had this problem and knows how to correct it. I just installed my Tarot 2d and I love it. However that being said its doing something incorrectly and I cant figure it out. I have the tilt function set up on the X1 channel. My stock TX has the small lever in the back for that channel, anyway it works,just not well. When pushing the lever to make the gopro tilt down, it travels( the lever) about half way before the cam starts to tilt. pushing it all the way over it will tilt to a full down position. moving it back to its original position it tracks very nicely to it full upright (looking straight out) and stops. this is no good as I cant even judge where the tilt is at if it wont track with the lever. I have played around with the naza setting for the gimbal and cant get this slack out. Any help would be great

Tony

If you have it set to tilt only part of its range (straight forward to straight down), the slack is built in. The tarot software doesn't let your reset your endpoints to take up the extra dead space caused by limiting the range of motion. You can set WHERE the range starts and ends by futzing with the Naza gimbal gains, but it'll always be there unless you do two things:

1) use a 3rd party tx that supports customizable endpoints, or
2) open up the TX and calibrate the X1 channel to be twice as large as the actual physical travel of your lever.

I did the latter for several months and had the full travel range, but then changed to a slider pot and I didn't have physical space for a longer slider than I was actually going to use.

Ok, that makes very good sense. I do have an older airtronics VG6000 fully programmable TX (8 channel) that I'm thinking of employing. Ever heard of it, do you think it might work?

Uhrlto said:
Ok, that makes very good sense. I do have an older airtronics VG6000 fully programmable TX (8 channel) that I'm thinking of employing. Ever heard of it, do you think it might work?

Sorry no idea. But if you can find the manual and read through the supported the functions, it might give you an idea of what you can do with the endpoints.

Hi Joe,

If you use the back gimbal lever, the amount of travel is only about 70 degrees IIRC--the lever is physically blocked by the plastic edges of the shell. The pot itself, sitting on the motherboard, has something like a 180-270 degree range of travel. This normally isn't a problem because when you calibrate the pot, you're telling the NAZA that the 70 degree travel encompasses your endpoints.

So to get rid of dead spots, what you want to do is open up the tx shell so you can access the pot directly with a phillips screwdriver. With the TX open, hit "calibrate X1" in Assistant, and then use the screwdriver to set the endpoints about twice as far as your pot would normally be able to travel. When you put the shell back on, the lever still moves that 70 degrees, but it represents only about 50% of the calibrated travel of the pot rather than 100%. The extra 50% travel blocked off by the shell, if you did it correctly, will be the dead space you didn't want anyways.

You probably have to trial-and-error it a few times so you lop off the right amount and range. But it's well worth it because once you're done, you generally don't have to calibrate it again, even through firmware updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj