Tapping into the Battery Power - does anyone have pics?

Reaction score
I have a couple wires wrapped around the posts in my P3A to tap into the ~14V - it works, but I'm worried that over time things will shift around and I'll actually connect the two posts inadvertently.

Does anyone have a picture of either a premade adapter, or a custom solution, that cleanly / safely accesses the two battery posts? Looking for design inspiration for my own DIY solution.

I have a couple wires wrapped around the posts in my P3A to tap into the ~14V - it works, but I'm worried that over time things will shift around and I'll actually connect the two posts inadvertently.

Does anyone have a picture of either a premade adapter, or a custom solution, that cleanly / safely accesses the two battery posts? Looking for design inspiration for my own DIY solution.
I would be inclined to tin the wires and sweat them onto the battery tweminal connector. I would also install an in-line fuse of appropriate value in your accesory feed, tiu dont want to trigger the battery orotection if your accesory or wiring develops a fault.

I would be inclined to tin the wires and sweat them onto the battery tweminal connector. I would also install an in-line fuse of appropriate value in your accesory feed, tiu dont want to trigger the battery orotection if your accesory or wiring develops a fault.

Thanks for this. I have the fuse in place :). I do need this to be a plug-and-play design... so unfortunately soldering isn't an option.

Also use shrinkable tubes to shield the connections.

If I understand you correctly you're looking for a power supply for something fixed to the outside of your Phantom to be used intermittently with a plug and play ability. If it was me I'd want to avoid any chance of a short circuit while flying, or anytime actually, and go for real plug and play by using one of these sockets fixed somewhere on the body and soldered directly to the internal battery connections. A matching jack plug on the external temporary fixed unit and you have a safe (safer) power supply. o_O

jack-plug.JPG

Reactions: mickben
Dronexpert uses a pretty slick one for their thermal gimbal installation !!
77a177c518675dd545771a993768d4a1.jpg
4dfbe6a38c44dfc7c811a716204dd1c3.jpg

It just slides over the power blades in the battery bay!! It's part of their kit for installing the thermal gimbal but maybe they sell it separately as well !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4