Tap2Fly

I use it for my long distance runs since it is like cruise control, and it flies 22 mph max speed doing over the regular 18 mph of P mode.

So far, I haven't used Sport or Atti modes like the mega distance flyers are using until I find a way to fly at those more efficient speeds comfortably and accurately. If Tap2Fly allowed for those more efficient speeds while still in P mode, I'd be in hog heaven.

I use it for my long distance runs since it is like cruise control, and it flies 22 mph max speed doing over the regular 18 mph of P mode.

So far, I haven't used Sport or Atti modes like the mega distance flyers are using until I find a way to fly at those more efficient speeds comfortably and accurately. If Tap2Fly allowed for those more efficient speeds while still in P mode, I'd be in hog heaven.

Thanks for the info. So T2F gives you collision avoidance with an extra 4mph. However, it also (more or less) removes all flight control during that run. I'm assuming on such a long run that it's going to be an open space.

I was not a supporter of Sport Mode until I ran 2 miles out. However, even then I still only flew around 35mph. I also learned that 35mph makes long distance runs efficient.

About the only "use" I see for T2F is that it "automates" the flight to that point. However:

1) It's much slower then Sport Mode
2) You lose the ability to control the P4 while in this mode
3) It's _very_ awkward to select a point on the screen

I see #2 and #3 as the real draw back to this mode... even dangerous for people who are not experienced with flying.

What happens if t2f takes you beyond remote range, does it continue, or rth? Assuming setting of "rth if controller signal is lost" in dji go. I never had used or a need to, but would be nice to know you can't send it off to its death.

What happens if t2f takes you beyond remote range, does it continue, or rth? Assuming setting of "rth if controller signal is lost" in dji go. I never had used or a need to, but would be nice to know you can't send it off to its death.
It RTH with a lost connection like other modes.

Again, I use this as a cruise control on my distant runs since I get 4 mph more out of P mode and I don't have to touch the sticks. It also flies the course to and from laser straight, making for efficiency.

If I knew an easy way to set a more efficient speed on P or Atti modes, I'd do it for my distance runs. I guess I'm too much of a bonehead to keep it at a certain speed with just the sticks.

Unless there is already a way, I can see a speed limit setting for the modes in DJI Go so I can input whatever the consensus is on the max speed for max distance flights. I can then go full right stick on my runs, knowing I'm at that speed without having to put too much thought into stick position. Or, just allow Tap2Fly to have its speed slider go to 45 mph with the OA turning off at whatever speed they set it at. Against, it is the closest thing to cruise control for easy flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.