Talk about GAS and seller's panic?!?!

Reaction score
Anyone looking at the prices the barely used P2V's are selling for on various classifieds? In some cases it is nearly 1/2 price and sadly they do not even know if the Plus is a winner or loser yet.......

Ah, Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) is a friend to no one. These panic sellers are dropping a price bomb on everyones P2V's in future value when ever we may want to sell. People may be mad at DJI for introducing a new product and chopping products value a bit but it is 1/2 price sales from current sellers that is hurting us the most.

I get the need for the latest and greatest but this is just pure sellers panic ... like rushing a bank, or like in the stock market in 2008. For me as a still photographer the P2V is OK with its configuration and still has value...... I am sure once other still photogs see this blood in the water they will buy up these way undervalued panic sales. Very sad for those who are not ready to move yet.

What I am concerned about is accessories fading away for the P2V's as I noticed on one major retailer under RYF they no longer listed the P2V. Guess I need to get my filter adapter soon...... :lol:

I should of known.... it is just my luck that I get into something and it changes. Bought a Polarvision (that died), a Betamax VCR (that died for consumer grade), Contax 35mm camera (went belly up), Minolta 7D camera (it sold out to Sony). Now a P2V 3 weeks before the plus was announced.............. I don't need no stink'n Plus :lol: :lol: :lol:

It will be even more curious when all the sellers and repurchases of the plus, find out in a few months that the old Vision upgrades to an identical version of the plus with a few minor workarounds.

Early adopters often find out things the hard way....but they do it first, and I'm right behind you. Keep on blazing the trail!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie