Taking photo's GoPro 4

Reaction score
HI Guys

I wondered if someone could help. I'm trying to take photos while in the air but can't seem to monitor the GoPro while in the air like i can when filming video. I have it set to take photos every 3 secs. Is it simply a settings thing? I can't just guess what the GoPro is seeing and hope for the best.

I have a P2 with H3-3D Gimbal and GoPro 4

Any advice would be great

Thanks
Mark

Yep, you can't see what the camera is seeing while taking photos, probably what your best bet would be is to shoot video and pause where there's a scene you like then copy it and save it as a picture. I've never tried this myself but you'd think there'd be a way to do it.

It sounds like you want to see what your Hero 4 is seeing. Right? If so, you will need a FPV set-up.

Edit: I don't think I read closely enough as you said you could monitor what it is filming, so you must have a FPV set up.

If it is taking photos every X seconds and you see a nicely framed shot that you would like a photo of, I just keep that framed for long enough for a photo to be shot. I stay longer, to get several if I really like it, then from different angles and distance.

At least some mystery is left!

Thanks guys but the problem is I don't get any FPV signal when in photo mode so I don't know whether its a well framed shot.

Madsonp - Yes that's the only way at the moment to get photo's but they're only HD video res, not full still pic res.

It seems odd that when in video mode you see picture but not in photo mode. I'll look into it a bit more. Like i say, maybe it's a setting thing.

Any other ideas are welcome. Cheers

Have you tried simultaneous video and stills mode? This records video and takes interval stills at nominated intervalls.

On the go pro 3+,
Set 1080p at 30fps. Turn off protune. Go further into the settings and look for the vid ands pics icon.

Photo stills are much better than screen captures.
Wide is 12mpx
Meduim is 7mpx
Narrow is 5mpx

Mako79 said:
Have you tried simultaneous video and stills mode? This records video and takes interval stills at nominated intervalls.

On the go pro 3+,
Set 1080p at 30fps. Turn off protune. Go further into the settings and look for the vid ands pics icon.

Photo stills are much better than screen captures.
Wide is 12mpx
Meduim is 7mpx
Narrow is 5mpx

+1

Thanks guys, that's great. That mode will have to do. I wonder what the res settings are for Gopro 4? I'll have a google.

I wonder if it can do 4k + photo's. I don't see why not.

Cheers
Mark

Hero 4 Black cannot do 4K plus stills. Best is 1440.

mikouk said:
Thanks guys, that's great. That mode will have to do. I wonder what the res settings are for Gopro 4? I'll have a google.

I wonder if it can do 4k + photo's. I don't see why not.

Cheers
Mark

Try setting your photo interval to 5sec rather than 3sec. On my H3+ setup, at 2sec I get no FPV, but at 5sec and beyond I do. No need to settle for frame grabs.

Kelly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik