Taking Photos at Distance and Altitude limits

Hi Davekyn,
Congratulations ! Good work, keep this way !
BTW could you please tell us if it is a stock PV1+ or it has some mods.
Best regards : Juan

Just one question regarding to FCC mode... I changed it to FCC mode via the software and it beeps twice but never changed the screw on the back. Sounds like you did both ?
Is playing with the screw required ?? Mine beeps twice so always though its FCC mode.. ?

Davekyn,

TKS for explanation a details.
Indeed moisture, temperature and hight over sea level play an important role in lifting.
Being the more the worst in all of 3.
Here i have a PV2+ out of the stock and Galaxy S4 with Vision+ Utility Pro for recording telemetry.
Mainly flying in the middle o a big city (São Paulo - Brazil), where obviously the bird is prone to suffer all kind of RF interferences so i am far away of getting this kind a performance as yours.
But an very interesting positive point is that i use to fly the bird in a park just one bloch of my home allowing me to fly every time that i want (when wheather colaborates and i have time to do so)
At the weekends ... probably 3 times four batteries runs at a day.
Can't fly mutch high because this area is a helicopters normal local path and they fly at 1000ft to 1300ft
and PV2+ takes an eterity to descend ....
Flying at the park can be seen at : https://vimeo.com/107967224

Best regards and lots of happy and succsessful flys. Juan

Yeah checked out some youtube videos regarding the screw thanks.. looks pretty easy :)
Not sure if its required though hmm.. You can set the mode via the assistant software which I've done and it does the 2 beeps... might just leave it for now.
Would be nice to hardcode it though I suppose, just incase.

Davekyn said:
I'm rushed for time so will have to check the video later - thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

With regards to the screw - yes I believe it plays a part. Again I am rushed for time. There are videos on youtube detailing how to do it.
But if you have no luck, I'll check with my friend on which one does what and in what directions to turn it.

Just don't turn it so far as to break the inside dial.

check out youtube and let me know if your still unsure ...

srry I am rushed tonight.

Great posts Dave. Thanks for your input. Enjoying your flights of fancy :)

Can I ask, generally, how many satellites do you have linking to your copter? Does it fluctuate or is it stable? More satellites when you're way up there I suppose?

Cheers.

YOU'RE FLYING WELL INTO COMMERCIAL AIR SPACE, WAY TO ADD MORE BLACK MARKS TO PHANTOM FLYERS YOU RUN THE RISK OF CROSSING PATHS WITH A MANNED AIRCRAFT, NOT SMART.. MAX ALT IS 400'

Davekyn said:
I am flying within the parameters governed by the "DJI software limits" - which actually allows for enabling of up to 1000 metres. DJI has flight restrictions and fails safes that account for such Air Space.
... again DJI have very reliable safe guards embedded

I don't know if you are in controlled or uncontrolled airspace and neither does DJI and their flight controller.
DJI have almost zero reliable safeguards embedded.

As far as Australia goes, DJI have only set no fly zones for only the mainland capital airports plus Gold Coast, Townsville and Cairns. The "very reliable safe guards" you rely on would happily allow you to fly up and down the runway at Hervey Bay while a Virgin Australia 737-800 is taxiing or landing there.

You can't rely on DJI to keep you legal or safe.

I just saw this article come out today. Not sure what the exact laws are over there but I know in the United States the "rules" regarding personal drones are mostly just guidelines and advisories. I really like your pictures but be careful!

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/10/what- ... australia/

What is your method for descending from so high? Full down stick for a few minutes?

Davekyn said:
I will note - that during my runs - despite living in a rural area - The embedded fail safes, regarding controlled air space - work very well:

-HeightLimitReached-_zps617ab105.jpg

Davekyn doesn't want to know but for the benefit of anyone that might be influenced by him DJI have no "embedded fail safes regarding controlled air space".

The height limit he's talking about has nothing to do with controlled airspace.
The only limits related to airspace that DJI has put in their products is a very restricted list of airport no-fly zones.
http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

Unfortunately for Davekyn, listening to anyone else just isn't his style.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1