Taking Phantom to airplane (Ryanair, Europe)?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am planning to take my new Phantom in a special holder back pack designed for it, along with 5 batteries...
I will be taking it on my Chrismas trip to continental Europe.

Will this be a problem for Ryanair within EU legislation?

Should the batteries be in the back pack with phantom or in the checked in luggage?

Thanks!

Batteries are the main barrier, I've had my phantom on a plane several times without issue in the UK. You can only carry those on as hand luggage. If you're travelling with someone have them take a few batteries on - split them up.

Depending where you are flying from and too, get ready to have the phantom swabbed, x-rayed e.t.c. Mine went through the x-ray twice once. Then once why flying back from Birmingham they didn't bat an eyelid.

I found the following in Ryanair's FAQ

A maximum of two spare lithium ion batteries are permitted in carry-on baggage and these must be individually protected to prevent short circuits. Battery terminals must be either recessed or packaged so as to prevent contact with metal objects including terminals of other batteries.

Ok, another question.

Can anyone complain if I am transporting a Phantom back pack without Phantom inside and only two DJI batteries?

Phantom will be waiting for me at my destination so I just intend to take empty back back and two batteries returning with 4 batteries and phantom and rc inside?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4