Taking Phantom cross the Nullarbor with my 61 Cadillac

Reaction score
G'day, Just thought I would put up my first topic and say g'day to all, I recently purchased my first Phantom and because of Phantom2 I get to but mine cheap off ebay and one that has had a few conversions already done, like gimbal board, and USB upgrades with out pulling it apart and the black harder props, and the tilt switch installed, so I feel that I have had a good start, picked up a case and bought a new DJI Zenmuse H3 2D gimbal so that I could have the advantage of a steadier video shoot, and of course a Go Pro Black edition Camera, this sound to be the quintessential items required for a good start, I think the Phantom2 looks and sounds great, but I think I will wait till I practice a bit with this one first.

And I have a good place to practice, in two weeks we are about to leave the Gold Coast Australia for a 10,000km cruise across to Busselton WA for the Cadillac Nationals, and I want to do a bit of filming on our trip, so what better way than a number of Go Pros mounted to some classic 60's Cadillacs and the DJI Phantom bringing up the rear with some hopefully awesome shots.

Things I need to work out now is that I have the iPhone app for the Go Pro where I can see the video off the camera, so tell me is all I need to have is the wifi range extender to be able to view footage off my Go Pro, would this work? Or do I need the Phantom2 to do this? As I would love to see what I am shooting, especially if we have a not so windy day down on the Great Australia Bite and have some shots of the cliff faces that parallel the Nallarbor plains.

Looking forward to reading through the list when I get time.

Regards Milt aka (caddydaddy)

Quadzilla. said:
caddydaddy said:
Things I need to work out now is that I have the iPhone app for the Go Pro where I can see the video off the camera, so tell me is all I need to have is the wifi range extender to be able to view footage off my Go Pro, would this work?

You don't want to do that because the range is really short and the GoPro can (will) interfere with the TX signal if its wifi is on.

+1. Interference, and there are multiple videos online showing that the range of the GoPro WiFi is about 15 feet.

Mike

Gopro wifi while flying is not recommended like the previous posters mentioned. Here is the warning the seller I used has on their site... "Warning: Never use the DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter with your GoPro camera when both devices have their Wi-Fi systems turned on. The DJI Phantom's Wi-Fi and the GoPro camera's Wi-Fi run on the same frequency, so if you use them together when both Wi-Fi systems are engaged, the DJI Phantom's transmitter will lose the ability to communicate with the DJI Phantom Quadcopter. Whenever this happens, you will not be able to tell the Phantom where to fly. This may result in loss of property or damage to your equipment."

Hey people, thanks for the warning, so is what you are telling me that the only way you can get a video feed from a camera to a video screen on your controller buy buying the Phantom 2? By using the camera that comes with the Phantom 2, is this correct?

If that is the case is there anyway possible to have video feed coming from you camera to a screen on your controller on the Phantom?

Thanks, Regards Milt aka The Caddy Daddy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4