Taking off, straight up, no control

Reaction score
Hi all,
OK, second question after my second flight that ended in a bad crash. (in total I now have 10 minutes of flying time and a damaged P2)

In my second flight I got to close to some bushes and the rotors got caught. So I freed it up, flew it back to the level ground and landed. Shut down the motors and walked back to the lift off site.
The next time I wanted to take off, I started the motors, let it initialise and gave it a little up throttle. It just went straight up and I could not control it at all, full power up.
I had to shut down the motors (that worked, so I still had remote control) and the P2 crashed down. Bent legs and my compass is damaged. The cable connector is broken off.

I tried it once more and exactly the same problem. Up and away.

What can be the cause of this? After the first crash into the bushes, I flew it back to level ground and shut down the motors. So I had full control, landed and the next time I started I didn't.
Could this be caused by the compass breaking off? I am not sure if it happened in the first crash in the bushes or the high level drop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Side question, can I fly without the compass? I have asked DJI for a new one, but no reply.

Thanks
Lykle

Hmm,
After straightening the legs, putting new blades on it and trying it very very carefully, everything is working as it should. Still no idea why it happened, that worries me.

Also, now I realise that it was not the compass that was broken, but the CAN-bus connector.
So that is a relief, as I don't think I will be needing that for a while yet.

I was quite happy how easy it was to get the legs straight again. Just a little heat and everything moved back into position.

So I think I will be busy tomorrow, making some flying hours. I hope I can do a better job than today.

Thanks
Lykle

Have you done a full IMU calibration? Compass calibration? Make sure it is in GPS mode. In the software, set the height limit to 10 meters and distance to 50 meters for your first flight.

Have you read everything and watched every YouTube video you can find about flying it?

If I were you , I would take it to a soccer field or someplace with NOTHING anywhere around. That is what I did the first flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic