Taking off inside a train and flying outside from inside a train

Reaction score
This is hypothetical and more curious.

If I take off within side a train will the Phantom 4 move with the train or will it stay in that spot until it crashes into the back of a train. Would the VPS sensors know about the ground and lock on?

Also has any one ever flown outside of a train while being in a train? I am curious as to what sort of signal and if it could keep up between stops (I imagine it would).

Iv also thought about wave points to fly from one stop to the next.

I would never try flying over a train because there is high electrical wiress and its going to be a mess if you crash. As I said this is more hypothetical. Please do not try this at home.

A Phantom knows where it is in geographic space when flying in GPS mode, and because it is launched from a fixed geographic point, it will return to that point, but not to some platform that is moving, because the Phantom has no idea where that platform has moved to in geographic space. If you take off from a boat, and the boat moves, the Phantom will land in the water where the boat was when it took off. But if you fly in ATTI mode, YOU have control and you can make it land wherever you want, even on that boat.

Last edited:
A Phantom knows where it is in geographic space, and because it is launched from a fixed geographic point, it will return to that point, but not to some platform that is moving, because the Phantom has no idea where that platform has moved to in geographic space.
What then about launch foom boat that is in the move?
Try this metod....

Plenty of options, try Litchi and Litchi magic lease, you should be able to set a distance and height from the train, as long as you keep good gps lock you should be ok
I would suggest reccy the track tho, trees, poles, wire and TUNNELS!!!!!

This is hypothetical and more curious.

If I take off within side a train will the Phantom 4 move with the train or will it stay in that spot until it crashes into the back of a train. Would the VPS sensors know about the ground and lock on?

Also has any one ever flown outside of a train while being in a train? I am curious as to what sort of signal and if it could keep up between stops (I imagine it would).

Iv also thought about wave points to fly from one stop to the next.

I would never try flying over a train because there is high electrical wiress and its going to be a mess if you crash. As I said this is more hypothetical. Please do not try this at home.

You're not going to be able to fly from inside a train so don't even try, it will be a disaster waiting to happen. The best you could expect to do would be to launch before hand with way points set. Using apps like Litchi would be necessary for that kind of flight so you can pre program the flight before hand.

If you tried that the second the drone would go outside the train it would crash because the train would be moving

Just handhold the P4 inside the train with the motors off, to use the gimbal for any interior video recording.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20