Taking a lot longer now

Reaction score
Since my last firmware update, my P2V takes a lot longer to acquire 6+satellites. Has anybody else found this? It does find them eventually.

Are you on 3.0 or 2.0? 2.0 I didn't notice anything, 3.0 seems to take a little longer to me, but I haven't timed it, and not by that much. I suspect it's to do with the No Fly Zones - the firmware now waits a little longer to try and get a good lock to determine if you're attempting to take off from the apron at Heathrow...

I'm running in NAZA mode, btw.

Yeah same problem here too! Used to get a GPS lock within a couple if minutes. Now on 3.0 it takes nearly three times as long and often never goes over 6 satellites.

The other day I was in an open country area with clear sky that I have flown out of dozens of times without issues. post Version 3 upgrade it will stay there for 10 minutes and couldn't get anymore than 5-6 satellites. In the end I did what I never do... I took off without a GPS lock hoping that it might pick them up higher up.

I don't mind 3.0 otherwise BUT having to wait 15min before I can fly is ridiculous.

I'm on 3.0 and acquire satellites as fast as ever - no problems here. Overall, I really like the latest updates to the Vision and app. No complaints here!

djayz I used to acquire 11+ satellites, but like you struggle to get more than 6. I am on Naza, but I think I am on version 2. I thought the flight limiters on 3 where a bit restrictive.

Hi Simon. I am on version 2 and so there would be no flight restrictors in the system to cause the delay.

seajunky said:
Hi Simon. I am on version 2 and so there would be no flight restrictors in the system to cause the delay.

Have you ever had a "firm landing", especially one that landed upside down? Might be worth taking the GPS board out if you have and looking for damage - there have been reports of cracked GPS antenna boards causing reception issues.

Other than that I don't know what to suggest, I never saw any issues going up to 2.0...

Hmmm. I've not posted about my 'new' problem, but now maybe I will. About two weeks ago my P2V all of a sudden started losing the signal at around 450 feet distance. Then it starts coming home. I can put the right side switch into the middle position and usually regain control and head off again, only to "lose signal" again and come home. Coming home is better than heading off into the wild blue, of course.

What interested me in this string was the mention of locking on fewer satellites than before. I have noticed that instead of the 10-11 satellites I used to routinely get, I now seem to struggle for 7 or more, which sounds like the software upgrade complaint some have.

Now, I've not upgraded any of the software/firmware since I initially did the new quad stuff back in (I think) January. I didn't upgrade the camera when that upgrade came out, and haven't upgraded anything SINCE the camera upgrade. I get the notices on my Droid App notice thingie, but I ignore it. So, I'm completely stock from before the camera upgrade.

I was originally able to get out over 1,000 feet. My Flytrex logged me at 1400 feet for my farthest 'mission'. But now? 4-450 feet. I still get the two beeps when I fire up the controller so I don't think it fell back into the non-U.S. power settings. Batteries are always powered up full when I go out to fly.

We were down in Death Valley about a week ago, and there were NO power lines, cell towers, buildings, fences, air traffic, natural or man-made obstructions of any kind where we were. Nothing but wide open space - and STILL, 450 feet and "Lost Signal".

Not sure what to think about this, except that I'm getting a bit perturbed at the whole affair. One of the nifty things about living in Nevada is the W I D E open spaces we enjoy, and the ability to fly to darned near the horizon and back.

Any suggestions on what has changed? :cry:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj