Taking a group photo?

Reaction score
We are going to be meeting some friends this week and I would like to use my P3A to get a group photo. Since I do not want to be holding the controller in the picture, I am wondering if there is an automated way to do this. I have the DJI GO app and I also purchased Litchi. I have not really explored Litchi much and am a fairly new pilot (I have about 35 flights total). Can some of the experienced pilots out there give me some pointers on how to get an automated group photo, and also possibly a cool flyover vid?

Thanks,
Andy

You wouldn't need to do anything fancy for a group photo. Just let it hover at what altitude and distance you want and hold the controller behind your back. That's a natural pose anyway. As for the automated flyover, yes that is very easy with Litchi. Just use a few short waypoints but be very careful with the altitude you set especially being that you would want a relatively low pass. The barometer could be off by as much as 20ft. You would probably need a few practice runs first. But its not difficult.

Thanks Fly Dawg,

I think those are good suggestions. I am going to play around a bit with Litchi to see if I can set some way point missions then I will have a feel for how it works.

You wouldn't need to do anything fancy for a group photo. Just let it hover at what altitude and distance you want and hold the controller behind your back. That's a natural pose anyway. As for the automated flyover, yes that is very easy with Litchi. Just use a few short waypoints but be very careful with the altitude you set especially being that you would want a relatively low pass. The barometer could be off by as much as 20ft. You would probably need a few practice runs first. But its not difficult.

You can also turn the timed interval option on, it will take a photo at whatever time increment you set.

You can also simply let it hover and record... move it closer... hover and record (while holding the controller behind your back. Then take screen shots from the video's .... works great for me.

Can you not use Gesture mode to take a Picture, use the remote to frame the picture, and once ready pop it out of sight, then gesture for a picture.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4