Taking a drone to Italy?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am heading off to Italy from the UK in May. I am curious about if I am able to take my phantom 3S.
I have look online for info but nothing says you cant but some places say I need to have trackers, plates that go on the bird and controller, or even third party insurance.

Has anyone traveled to Italy recently with a quad?

Ps: according to newspapers, a couple of drone pilots have been accused by policemen to have infringed aeronautical rules. They didn't, but of course could be very disappointing and time consuming. Since then I keep a copy of Italian regulations with me, to show to newbie-to drone policemen, just in case (never happened then). On Enac site there are all the rules, there should also be an English version.

I've been researching bringing drones into Italy.
I'm going to Amalfi in August. I rented thru Airbnb a penthouse in a renovated Monastery on the cliffs of the Mediterranean with our own roof-top terrace.
Looks like flying cameras are allowed into the country but flying it is heavily regulated.
So...I think just keep discreet when flying in Italy.
Stay away from where police are going to be!
And if you fly in a city be prepared to pay a fine IF you get caught for breaking their aeronautical laws and for not having insurance or even a "Medical certificate"?
As long as the police don't confiscate my phantom 3 I'm ok with just a fine... But I'm not too worried I'll be discreet.
Travelling with a flying camera adds a whole new adventure while on vacation. I won't travel without it now that I have it.

I just read your going in May.
did you bring your phantom to Italy?

I just read your going in May.
did you bring your phantom to Italy?
I am currently in Italy... and so is my phantom 3!!! :D

You are right about how having an aerial camera can really add to the adventure!!

Reactions: iAm
James - How did you get on in Italy? I'm curious about how easy it is to bring a Drone through the airports? With the Mavic now in existence this kind of thing seems more viable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav