Takeoff Pitch Attitude

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New Phantom Pilot here. I have the 1.1.1 with the 4.02 Naza firmware. So I'm all updated.

I have the basic GoPro Hero hanging upside down on the GoPro mount. I did not use the included generic camera mount. When I take off, the Phantom tends to pitch forward rather abruptly to the point of tipping over if I apply throttle slowly. To avoid tipping over, I "jump" it off the ground with aggressive throttle. This doesn't seem right to me, and it certainly doesn't produce graceful liftoff videos. I have no modifications and I feel like the center of gravity (CG) is almost dead center of the Phantom. Is this normal? I thought it was possibly GPS related, so I took off in ATTI mode, but same issue. Everything is calibrated properly. The software tells me the IOC doesn't need calibration either.

Any thoughts? Thanks for the input.

ZippinZim said:
When I take off, the Phantom tends to pitch forward rather abruptly to the point of tipping over if I apply throttle slowly.
Don't take off slowly.
Really, go full throttle until you're about ten feet up then resume normal flight.

So what you're saying is that it's normal and I should take off quickly. Sounds fine to me. Prior to the Phantom I "honed my skills" on a Syma X5C...it took off nice and easy without having to worry about tipping over. Appreciate the input!

I'm not saying you can't take off slowly but it will be more twitchy . There are different factors that will influence this. It's better to get up into clean air and go fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.