take off issues

Reaction score
My Phantom was working well in the store, and would take off straight up. After some time at home, it now skids to the side and will turn over if I don't correct during takeoff. Any ideas?
thanks,
DAvid

The copter was calibrated in the store, I don't have a PC, and I redid the compass (compass dance?) at home.

I would like to seek some help too. just got my dii phantom 2 and i think i calibrated it properly since it's rotor is working properly. it's just there's no thrust to takeoff, the propeller just spins without enough power. can anyone help on this issue?

Thanks,

John

@otherwise: I'd suggest finding a friend with a PC so you can connect the Phantom to the NAZA Assistant software. You'll need to re-calibrate the IMU every now and then, as well as check the compass values to make sure the "compass dances" have kept it within acceptable ranges. It's quite possible (and common) for the IMU and compass to need to be checked and recalibrated every so often after normal use.

@john11f: You'll probably need to connect to the software too, to help with troubleshooting your issue (there's a number of settings that might need to be adjusted). Have you loaded your Phantom with anything beyond just the gopro and stock 2200mAh battery? You should also check to make sure the props are all mounted in the proper direction.

john11f said:
@OI photo, I have he new phantom 2 vision.

You did say that, my bad :oops:

Still, I'd suggest connecting to the PC and looking over your settings. Do the motors spin any faster when you increase throttle? Does it even lift up the slightest bit?

Ok. I was able to fly my phantom. The issue is when I turn on the wifi. If it's off, it flies but when I turn it on, it doesn't have lift.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic