Taco RC

Reaction score
Hi. Need to buy ND filters. What to choose? TACO-RC ND filters or TACO-RC with Multi-Coating? Is multicoating big difference?

thanks

Good about Taco- RC filters is that their weights are same as that of the uv filter.

Negative feedback is that you find fingerprints on all of the lenses and difficult to clean them.

I have been using their basic filter set and do not find any noticeable issues with naked eyes and believe multi coat will improve the consistency across. Not sure about it. Question is about spending another just 30 bucks, it is insignificant if you are looking for good results. It's entirely your choice.

Hi. Need to buy ND filters. What to choose? TACO-RC ND filters or TACO-RC with Multi-Coating? Is multicoating big difference?

thanks

Depends on what your objective is - if u r shooting for pleasure/hobby then Taco_Rc normal filter set is more than sufficient.. quality of the plain ND filter set is great..

If you are shooting videos for movies/commercials then may be the multi-coating is a consideration..but, really cannot say if the multi-coated filters have any additional advantage.. haven't used personally, but seen a comparison posted on a German drone forum - no noticeable difference between plain filter set and the multi-coated set.

Good about Taco- RC filters is that their weights are same as that of the uv filter.

Negative feedback is that you find fingerprints on all of the lenses and difficult to clean them.

I have been using their basic filter set and do not find any noticeable issues with naked eyes and believe multi coat will improve the consistency across. Not sure about it. Question is about spending another just 30 bucks, it is insignificant if you are looking for good results. It's entirely your choice.

Why fingerprints? Very hard to remove it. But in general would you recommend it?

Depends on what your objective is - if u r shooting for pleasure/hobby then Taco_Rc normal filter set is more than sufficient.. quality of the plain ND filter set is great..

If you are shooting videos for movies/commercials then may be the multi-coating is a consideration..but, really cannot say if the multi-coated filters have any additional advantage.. haven't used personally, but seen a comparison posted on a German drone forum - no noticeable difference between plain filter set and the multi-coated set.

Its for hobby and my pleasure :) Thank you for your comparison.

Why fingerprints? Very hard to remove it.
Whoever packed up his filters left fingerprints on them. That surely does not affect the quality of the filters though. If you get fingerprints on yours, just clean them with a lens pen or some other cleaning cloth/device. The lenses are glass, so they are very easy to clean.

Reactions: grottoli
I have the four filter MC version set and the quality is very good. Mine did not arrive with any fingerprints and they have been easy to clean in any event. Come in a nice zippered case too. Can't speak about the non-coated filters because I haven't seen them.

Whoever packed up his filters left fingerprints on them. That surely does not affect the quality of the filters though. If you get fingerprints on yours, just clean them with a lens pen or some other cleaning cloth/device. The lenses are glass, so they are very easy to clean.
It showed their concern for quality. Lens cleaning is not easy task.

Lens cleaning is not easy task.
I clean mine with this lens pen. It makes the task super easy.

As for your confidence in TACO-RC's ability to double-check their work. Well, I cannot help you with that one ;)

I clean mine with this lens pen. It makes the task super easy.

As for your confidence in TACO-RC's ability to double-check their work. Well, I cannot help you with that one ;)
I have that cleaning pen. I tried it, lens with rubber ring comes out. It's so delicate.

You are a vendor for pen and the lens, you may be little soft for them. :)

You are a vendor for pen and the lens, you may be little soft for them.
I don't sell the pens or the lenses. I found the lens pen on Amazon and have been using them for a while now so I feel good recommending them.

If you've been paying attention to anything I do, you should know I only recommend quality products. I don't recommend products because I have a "soft" spot for them. That would be very disingenuous -- and, that's not something I'm interested in doing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31