Tablets do matter! - Screen shot comparison inside

Oh OK. Slightly misleading thread I suppose. Maybe the subject should be "Tablet performance"? But I appreciate you wanting to contribute buddy. All the best.

Phil

I see a difference and most important I think that the P3P don't did a better noticeable FPV and the settting of 10mbps neither.

Okay, another test done.

This time we used the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Verizon tablet.

Both on the P3A and P3P

P3A, Photo mode
Screenshot_2016-06-09-19-25-51_zpsr2hhzlwm.jpg

P3A, Video mode
Screenshot_2016-06-09-19-26-04_zpss4estca8.jpg

P3P, Photo mode
Screenshot_2016-06-09-19-45-41_zpsremavyw7.jpg

P3P, Video mode
Screenshot_2016-06-09-19-45-51_zps8wn1b6aq.jpg

The P3P did have a significantly sharper live image in video mode. Photo mode was a little better than the P3A, but not much.

Tell you what tho - Having the 12.2" tablet was a blast! Made it SO much easier to see. Didn't feel off balance or awkward at all. Really glad I bought the tablet mount extender. Should make my trips and flights a bit better :)

Hi BVC,

Despite what others say or think, thanks for the time and trouble you have taken. At the end of the day, any information is handy in the arsenal of flying Phantoms.

To my eyes the Tab S seems to have the edge,

Pete

I agree. A lot of work has gone into this comparison and I thank you for that too. If only we could all stop the daytime reflections to be able us to fully enjoy the definition, now that would be something!

Reactions: BVC
It looks like all editions of the Tab Pro and Tab S are 2560x1600 resolution so it shouldn't be down to the resampling needed to get a 720p video to display on the screen. I suspect it might be in the resampling algorithm used by the graphics chip. Have you looked for/tried the hardware graphics acceleration in the Android settings? Assuming it has that setting, try that both on and off and see if you see a difference.

Mike

These screen shot comparisons are not a valid test. The difference between P3A and P3P shows up only during movement. Especially leaves and grass. P3A video has a shimmering, fuzzy quality when moving the bird that is due to artifacts in the display caused by the compression necessary to send at 2 Mbps.

BayouBill is correct. Believe me, I know - I bought a P3A after being misinformed by very similar thread. I upgraded to a Pro gimbal/camera and the FPV at medium-low altitude or close objects is *worlds* better. BVC, you've put a lot of work into these photo comparisons (and I really can't tell any difference) but when the drone wasn't moving or was at high altitude, the Advanced's lightbridge was capable of providing an absolutely crisp image (such as when still to take a photo.) It was only in motion, as BB said, that the differences are clear. It was absolutely worth the $200 upgrade for me since I enjoy low-and-slow flight.

This isn't to say that tablets don't make a difference, as they are certainly part of the equation, but I'm using an older iPad Mini 2 (not air, an old mini 2), and it's capable of a crystal-clear image with my Pro. So - depending on the kind of flying you do, the added Lightbridge bandwidth can and does make a huge difference.

Reactions: Reed L
I just recently bought a dedicated tablet. I was using my LG g5 at first but wanted a bigger screen.. I found a Samsung tab a 8 " for 139 .00 bucks.. to me it's just as smooth and good looking as my g5 is. I was worried at first because it's a budget tablet, but it works awesome . I use 6 Meg down link on my p3p.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20