tablet

Reaction score
Hi-I am new to all this, my P3 standard arrives tomorrow. I have two questions. 1. What is a good dedicated tablet for me to use and could someone explain wi-fi vs data use while I am flying. Thanks in advance- Curtis.

I'd recommend that you start with the topics already listed below or the search feature on the site as this same topic has been discussed many, many times.

There is a _big_ difference between the Standard and Advance/Profession when it comes to a question about Wifi. Which are you getting and what do you mean by wifi and data use? Wifi applies more to the Standard as this is how your controller communicates with the Phantom. Data is really only used to load the map on the fly. This is really not possible with the Standard so you need to use the map feature and scroll around to cache the map before you connect to the Standard.

Reactions: curtisnj123
I'd recommend that you start with the topics already listed below or the search feature on the site as this same topic has been discussed many, many times.
Haven't they all been though? ;)

Haven't they all been though? ;)

Kind of... but I'm not trying to police people. I have no problem with people asking questions that have been asked before if they have some unique situation or the question is just slightly different. But when it comes to something like people simply giving their opinion on the display device... it's been beat to death already and they answers are no different. You and I both could list all of the devices that will show up below even before people start to post.

Hey Curtis, Welcome. You have found a good spot to exchange information about your new hobby. This page will answer many questions you may have:
Phantom 3 Standard Specifications | DJI

If you scroll down you will see recommended devices. I use an iPad Air 2, and it does a great job.

So you will be monitoring the video with your mobile device connected to your Phantoms Wi-Fi network, and recording 1080P direct to the sd card in the camera to be edited later. Read everything you can find, and take it slow at first. There is a beginners mode that you can turn on in the app. Calibrate the compass, and do not take off until you are certain the home position has been established. Also ensure that you are in GPS mode.

If this sounds just a bit like a foreign language, just read, read, read. And find a wide open space. Go play, have fun.

There is a _big_ difference between the Standard and Advance/Profession when it comes to a question about Wifi. Which are you getting and what do you mean by wifi and data use? Wifi applies more to the Standard as this is how your controller communicates with the Phantom. Data is really only used to load the map on the fly. This is really not possible with the Standard so you need to use the map feature and scroll around to cache the map before you connect to the Standard.

Bought a standard. I have an HTC one (M7). I'll start there. PS. Thanks for the response.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic